• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What fabric is the off-white SC made from?
Could the fabric be made into pants/chinos as well?

@NOBD, the Augsburger Knopffabrik does not have a single supplier for MOP buttons.
They told me all of their MOP buttons were produced in Asia.
I will keep on searching for a MOP button producer.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking at ordering flannel fabrics for the upcoming season.

What colors would be desired? 

Mid-grey, light-grey. Others are fine as well, but these are a must.

while the older folks at my workplace really appreciate and compliment on them, the younger polyester wearing H&M crowd tries to make fun of my suspenders when I (seldom) remove my jacket at lunch at the cafeteria.

braces are the superior form of keeping one's trousers at waist level. deal with it. puny belt wearing plebians.

Braces are the greatest. Anyone who disagrees is just wrong.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Last edited:

zeBanker

Reaction score
two (crappy) pics of V2

Still waiting for my shirt, which Fedex didn't manage to deliver since Thursday from the central customs office in Cologne, but if it fits, I know what will follow.... waiting for 20 trouser samples ;)
p.s.: though I still don't get the supposed elitism due to broader knowledge about clothes ;)

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

chuckb

Reaction score

I'll second the requests for mid- and light- grey, as well as tan and/or wheat, preferably under $200. In addition, I'd love it if you had grey, blue, and brown donegal tweed.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire isn't being very good about some pants I ordered. I ordered what looked like a flat charcoal/dark grey colored pants... but when they arrived, they look metallic like something Michael Jackson would wear. My girlfriend laughed at me when she saw the pants... so I contacted Luxire. They told me to wash them, so I did... but it doesn't help. I'm sure it's just the nature of that fabric's look. Now they want me to send them back to India, then send them to the source of the fabric, have them wash it, then send it back. It's just going to be a waste of time and shipping money. This is going to likely take a couple months and not change anything. I just want to send the pants back and either get a refund or a remake in a different fabric. I liked the idea and wanted to continue ordering pants... assuming the fabric was nice and as advertised, but not if this is going to keep happening. :uhoh:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire isn't being very good about some pants I ordered. I ordered what looked like a flat charcoal/dark grey colored pants... but when they arrived, they look metallic like something Michael Jackson would wear. My girlfriend laughed at me when she saw the pants... so I contacted Luxire. They told me to wash them, so I did... but it doesn't help. I'm sure it's just the nature of that fabric's look. Now they want me to send them back to India, then send them to the source of the fabric, have them wash it, then send it back. It's just going to be a waste of time and shipping money. This is going to likely take a couple months and not change anything. I just want to send the pants back and either get a refund or a remake in a different fabric. I liked the idea and wanted to continue ordering pants... assuming the fabric was nice and as advertised, but not if this is going to keep happening.
uhoh.gif
Which fabric did you order?

zeBanker

Reaction score
Luxire isn't being very good about some pants I ordered. I ordered what looked like a flat charcoal/dark grey colored pants... but when they arrived, they look metallic like something Michael Jackson would wear. My girlfriend laughed at me when she saw the pants... so I contacted Luxire. They told me to wash them, so I did... but it doesn't help. I'm sure it's just the nature of that fabric's look. Now they want me to send them back to India, then send them to the source of the fabric, have them wash it, then send it back. It's just going to be a waste of time and shipping money. This is going to likely take a couple months and not change anything. I just want to send the pants back and either get a refund or a remake in a different fabric. I liked the idea and wanted to continue ordering pants... assuming the fabric was nice and as advertised, but not if this is going to keep happening.
uhoh.gif
I know this doesn't really help you, but probably others: This is, why you don't order trousers without cloth samples.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Medium grey is absolutely essential IMO. I'd also like to see light grey, cream and some sort of tan / beige (also consider cavalry twill in the tan / beige range).

zeBanker

Reaction score
@smoothmoose
The swatches are $1 each. I suppose shipping comes on top if you don't combine it with another shipment. If you are in Europe, the swatches don't count to get you over the $100 for a free shipping. I ordered a shirt for $99 and added swatches worth $53, shipping goes extra though...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads