1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Well, this is an interesting variation in their practice between the two of you!

Mine's only a small order, so I'll give it until midweek next week before mustering up the energy to email to find out what's going on.

2. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

For my last order (which was placed June 20, arrived July 17) the same thing happened to me - I got a confirmation email right away, and the paypal payment was authorized but not actually completed. The payment was completed around the time that I got a shipping confirmation. So it seems to me that's how they're operating, at least for Paypal orders.

2 people like this.
  3. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

I just checked and the money haven't been taken from my bank account neither, order placed on July 15th
    (paid be Debit card)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

chuckb: Ah, yes, the difference in practice between Wade & mrjester could be down to the payment method, couldn't it?

To check that idea: Wade, do you pay with paypal; mrjester, do you pay more directly with a card?

5. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

I pay with paypal. I'll pay closer attention to the next order. But I don't think the shipping and payment has anything to do with each other. I once ordered a $129 linen shirt and waited two weeks, after the payment hit, and they didn't have the fabric in stock. (They were awesome enough to let me pick about $150 in shirts to make up for it).

6. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

I use bill me later through paypal

7. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

1. No orders are prioritized based on size. Orders can sometimes be moved up the q for different reasons but mostly, we try to follow the FIFO rule.
    Some orders get delayed due to various reasons like dependency on an individual to process a particular order or temporary unavailability of a fabric or some other factors.

2. Orders are charged when we start work, usually.

3. Orders are shipped when they are ready. Ideally, we should be providing order status on the website. But, we are a few decades behind on technology. Status query mails are best sent 3 weeks after the order.

In summary, there are some systematic flaws in the way we work. We are aware of those and work on them gradually. The focus so far has been on making better clothes and providing good human driven customer service.

Side note:
    ...somewhere in our mind, we do not want to become a machine. Though flawed, the joy of human bonding is immense. Just our thoughts.

6 people like this.
  8. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

These comments make me worried. Theresa said right before I ordered a pair of trousers and a shirt that it only takes 2-3 weeks from now on. And I placed my order 21 July and really hope I get them before I move out in mid-September.

9. ashjini

ashjini Well-Known Member

Tragedy awaits you. You are sitting on a time-bomb.

The best decision of your life was to ignore Luxire's counter to "bigger orders are prioritized" and still get rightfully worried.

The next best decision will be to escape this mess you find yourself in. Seek peace my dear friend.

10. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

I didn't see the post before I wrote mine. Stop being an asshole.

1 person likes this.
  11. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

FTFY.

Just giving you shit.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Even after the last Luxire post, I'm still confused on the payment processing/shipping thing. My first order was placed about a month ago, the money didn't get taken out of my Paypal account until about 2 weeks after the order was placed, then the shirt shipped out about a week after that. So there may have been a backlog at the time and it took 2 weeks before they started making the shirt.

My second order was placed yesterday morning (this time for a shirt + pants), and the full payment was taken out of my Paypal account immediately. Since I'm shipping in the pants for copying, I'm assuming this means they must have started work on the shirt already. So, will the shirt be sitting around and waiting until the work on the pants is done? The pants should get to NJ by Saturday, but I'm assuming they won't make it to the factory in India until mid or end of next week, and then it will take a couple weeks after that for the pants to be constructed.

13. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

Ammanati, these look fantastic. I'm looking to order a similar high waisted trouser, but have no idea how to enter the proper rise measurements since I don't currently have any high waisted pants. What measurements did you specify for the front and rear rises? Would it make sense for me to measure the front and rear rise of a pair of well fitting mid-rise trousers and then add on about one inch (this is how much higher I want them to hit) to both front and rear measurements?

14. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

I just emailed Theresa about the status of my first shirt order. The order was placed about 8 days ago, and I hadn't been charged yet, so I thought it would probably be an additional three weeks until I received the shirt. Theresa clarified that the three week delivery time includes the lead time before they begin construction, and that shirt construction only takes about a week after they begin.

15. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Have had a bad day?

The reason I asked was because I was sincerely intersted why others prefered gussets over tacks.
    I have tacks on all my Luxire shirts and am very happy with them.
    Overall I have never owned clothing more well made than what Luxire offers.

16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Anyone recommend a blue shirt fabric? A twill or something medium weight (don't like super light weight fabrics)

Was going to get the skye blue Dobby twill, but worried it'll be the same color as sky blue oxford and redundant, so asking for other fabrics.

17. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

Comments like that make me angry, for no particular reason, but I am actually annoyed, because it creates negativity where nothing negative has occured.

How the hell are you getting worried, because someone's order hasnt been shipped two weeks after it was submitted? Especially after someone else said that his order was turned around in less than a week.

You want your order by mid September, but you are panicked by orders that might take a month, I dont get it.
    Just relax ffs. The process is way faster than comparable offers and people pretend like they should receive their orders before they even submitted them.

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

He said worried. He didn't say he was freaking out or mad at luxire. Relax.

19. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

edit..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  20. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

I hate Luxire for making me realize that I've overpaid for trousers my entire life.

My timotune fauxbrosis arrived via FedEx without additional customs this week. I intended them as golf trousers but after handling them for 5 minutes I've come to realize that they are much much too nice.

They nailed the fit on their first pair (with maybe a couple minor adjustments in overall length), hand work and detailing is simply stunning, the cloth given the price is more than decent. Overall, I hereby solemnly swear to hand over the entirety of my coming tax return to Luxire for I need trousers. loads of them.

Without further ado I submit to you a small pic dump:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]