1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Zarium

Zarium Well-Known Member

If you're so against using gussets and don't like the look, why don't you just specify so? Doesn't Luxire specifically stress that customisation possibilities are endless? And oh, just because Kabbaz says so means it's gospel and is correct?

The way he says things makes it seem as if everything he does is correct and is the best, and everyone else's method is inferior. If you really do believe everything he says to be true because he's earned some sort of merit in your eyes as a premier shirtmaker, why not get shirts made by him instead of apparently inferior makers, whom I get the impression will never live up to your expectations?

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Luxire: can you show a picture of the button down collar as well?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  3. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

Received my shirt jacket from a couple of pages back today. Very pleased with the construction and fit. Will try and get a mini review up over the next couple of days. Would do it now, but my father has stolen my camera to attend a wedding tomorrow.

4. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Gaberdine 2-pocket Shirt

5. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

6. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I (and a friend) ordered 6 shirts and a pair of pants, so in total 7 pieces, on the 17th of July.
    I got the shipping confirmation today (will be on vacations, so will have to wait another 2 weeks before I can try them on).

So the turn around time was ridiculously fast.

7. timotune

timotune Well-Known Member

that's real fast. Post some pics!

8. ErikJN

ErikJN Well-Known Member

Nice! Still waiting for my July 11th order to ship. Fingers crossed that 1-2 weeks turnaround will become the new standard!

9. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

Better! Now let's see some plaids and other patterns in linen/cotton!

10. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Another shirt-jacket-safari made today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  11. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

Will do.
    Need to get critique on the shirt and pants fit.

12. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Well-Known Member

Ordered trousers and a shirt on 12 July and no sign yet. I guess bigger orders are prioritised.

13. Displacement

Displacement Well-Known Member

Does Luxire have any oxfords that are similar in feel to the Black Fleece/Thom Browne oxford cloth? If not, does anybody know a good source for that for a CMT project?

14. sftiger

sftiger Well-Known Member

Curious about this as well.

15. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

Whoa! Well done Luxire, it's a nice pace then.

16. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Ordered a pair of trousers on July 1st and no sign yet either. Not exactly bothered by this since most online MTM outfits would take at least two months and probably charge more. Will be placing a larger order of fall / winter trousers once these arrive assuming I like the pair in Minnis Fresco I get.

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Since people are talking about orders, I put in my initial order for a couple of shirts on 21 July and since the automatic email to confirm the order, I haven't had any further contact and the money hasn't been taken from my paypal account yet (the payment is authorised, but not completed, so I presume Luxire have to actually accept it at some point). What's the usual process on this? Do Luxire typically only take the money out when the order is completed/shipped? If so, I like that practice, but it would be good to know.

18. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

That's REALLY weird. You should email Therese. My paypal has always hit right away and had a receipt and order confirmation in my email.

Therese won't contact you unless there's a question or you contact her first. If you email her, the response can take from minutes to a day or so. She's extremely busy but her emails are always in great detail.

19. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

For me when they actually take the money, the order is shipped a few days after. So once that money is taken, expect a shipping confirmation in a few days

20. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

I've ordered at least 6 Luxire shipments and my money was always taken within a day or so. Shipping varied between a week and a month depending on the product.