1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

I think $10 was thrown around in the thread before (a few pages back).

2. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Frog pockets, side adjusters and slit style back pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

4. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

The rash of photos lately has been great. Keep it up!

5. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

6. beez

beez Well-Known Member

Any current recommended summer fabrics?

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Seeing this thread bumped quite a bit, and being both in need of some new shirts and currently between shirtmakers, I decided to experiment and see how Luxire do with a couple of simple buttondowns. I've ordered their sky blue oxford and a blue/white cotton/linen gingham, so I can see how good they are in coping with estimating the shrinkage of different kinds of fabric.

I was wary of sending my existing bespoke shirts out to them, so instead opted to measure one myself, including a couple of extra collar measurements. I didn't specify the angle of the collar spread; hopefully they've got a reasonable eye for what looks right and gives a overall decent shape. We'll see...

They're certainly a very inexpensive option compared to the London makers, so I hope it works out well enough for me to order a few business shirts from them as well. Their fabric choices seem a bit restricted in that regard, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The other issue will be exactly replicating the collar shape I use for those (I'm more fussy about those shirts than casual buttondowns) but I guess I can always take a photo and overlay some dimensions so they can make a good attempt at it. They're inexpensive enough to tolerate the need for a few iterations, anyway.

Looking forward to seeing what they create!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. mrjester

Glad to see you trying Luxire!! I'm very happy with them and so are quite a few others. Hopefully you like what you get.

I sent a shirt to them and it was returned within two weeks with the shirt that I ordered. It wasn't bespoke though, so I guess I may be able to understand where you're coming from.
    Did you get the sky blue summer oxford? If so, NOBD has both of those fabrics (as you may have seen from the pictures). I have the cotton blue gingham, not the cotton/linen. I should have gone the extra mile. But it was my very first shirt.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

The fabrics I picked were this and this. A very cheap oxford and the gingham is equally cheap when you consider that it avoids the need to pay $20 shipping (only free for orders above $100 for those in the UK, unlike from the US). Not going to push the boat out on first shirts from them.

If they do well on them, I'll probably feel confident enough in their processes to mail them a business shirt to copy more precisely. India can be a bit variable in terms of things going missing, but if it's sent with an insured/tracked service it should be fine, and the risk/reward will then be worth it I think. A wider variety of branded fabrics to choose from would be ideal for those shirts though (or simply listing the maker for all the fabrics they already have, instead of just some of them, as I already know how they look/feel). I've got around a dozen shirts that either need replacing now, or within the next year or so, so it would be nice to avoid the expense of London makers for at least some of them. Typically I only need 4-ish per year, but I've been lazy about replacing over the last 2+ years so there's a backlog now.

10. mrjester

Gotcha. Yeah that gingham was my first one. I measured the armholes incorrect so they're actually remaking it now. I've had it for the better part of four months and just sent it back. Will be returning to me early next week I hear.

[​IMG]

11. Displacement

Displacement Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any tuxedo shirts in this thread so here are a few photos of mine. It's fuller fitting than most would people here would normally choose but I needed to wear it for dancing so I wanted something with a little more room to move in. It was beautifully made and was a perfect replication of the shirt I submitted. I am more than pleased with the results, and the tailor I used for my suit (who does true bespoke work) was impressed and asked for Luxire's info. My only complaint was that the stud holes were a little bit too small so I couldn't properly fix the studs in place. The inner holes were not large enough for the studs to get into and lock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Luxire, feel free to use any of these if you'd like, I'd be happy to get a little discount on my next order

12 people like this.
  12. mrjester

13. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Does it still takes 4-5 weeks to make a pair of pants?

14. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Wow! Did we make this? It seems we did.

Thank you D. Am sure we will use these photos and send you an email soon. Would have asked for the order number, but the monogram works :)

15. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Almost everything is currently taking 2-3 weeks, shirts, pants, jackets, suits. No item is getting delayed, only some orders are for different reasons.

4 people like this.
  16. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

that's the lustrous white oxford?

17. Displacement

Displacement Well-Known Member

It's the lustrous fine white, the fabric Luxire recommends for black tie. It wears very cool and comfortable, though I can't say it's the best fabric in my inventory. I'd strongly recommmend it for that money

18. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

I've also got a tux shirt from Luxire, also in Lustrous Fine White. Very similar to yours, it appears. I also have a problem with my studs, though in my case I think it's because the pique is so thick--luxury problem for sure. But yeah, it definitely requires a little bit of muscle to get the studs in there for me.

Agree re: the fabric. Not the best, but perfectly fine for a tuxedo shirt, and fairly priced.

19. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

I am being really stupid right now, and I am not that good at pants anatomy. What is rear pocket and how does it looks like? I tried googling it, but many types of back pockets showed up.

20. mrjester

What? What is rear pocket? The pocket in the back of your pants, where there's usually two?

Can you be more precise?