1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Both these are most likely the same denim. Denim is always sold dark and raw. All these shades are a result of different washes.

We can do it for you.

1 person likes this.
  2. TTO

TTO Well-Known Member

So, as an experiment, I decided to order a test pair of high waisted trousers based on the measurements and styling of my favourite bespoke tweed trousers from my friends at C & the D. I ordered in the Luxire Brown Linen at $99, a fraction of the cost of my London trousers, and as far as I can tell, the only fault I can find is that the brace buttons where sewed with four at the back & two at the front. The fit is excellent, I am pleasantly surprised by the weight of the fabric & the amount of ( I'm assuming) hand work is amazing considering the cost.
    & they arrived a day earlier than the tracking suggested.
    Very, very Impressive.
    They are designed to be worn with braces, but even so, having lost some weight, I will winch in the waist line a little bit more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I will be ordering again!
    Thanks Luxire!
    -TTO
    as an aside, Luxire, how much would a matching double breasted jacket be in this fabric?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    10 people like this.
  3. Syeknom

Syeknom Well-Known Member

Wow, those look stunning

4. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

TTO, they really look great!
    Did you make cuffs? Or is the last photo a buttoned cuff?

5. TTO

TTO Well-Known Member

Buttoned cuff's, not something I specified, but a fun addition.
    -TTO

6. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Thank you TTO. They look beautiful. Do you happen to be active on the Fedora Lounge? These will get a lot of love there too.

The braces buttons error is embarrassing. I wonder how we did that.

Jacket would be $450.00

1 person likes this.
  7. TTO

TTO Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I posted there, but yes, I'm a member, I'll go and have a look for a suitable place to post them.

Re. the braces buttons, it's not the end of the world, a silly, yet very easily correctable mistake!

$450 for a jacket means I'll probably skip it and head for the $600 fresco suit!
    I'll be in contact soon Luxire, again, many thanks, a remarkable service for the money.
    -TTO

8. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

And now I need brown linen pants, curse you TTO. :fu:

2 people like this.
  9. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

TTO and NOBD are going to be the bane of my wallet. :p

1 person likes this.
  10. Turner

Turner Well-Known Member

Is the Sky Blue Summer Chambray at the Luxire website really the same fabric as your shirt with hairline stripes. Sorry for asking, but I cannot notice a single stripe in Luxire's pictures.

Does anybody have experience with the Blue Summer Chambray? It looks quite dressy and shiny for chambray? Is it also sporting hairline stripes? And what about the Easy-to-iron Blue Chambray? The texture looks good, but I'm a bit afraid that it might wear uncomfortable to the skin like some other easy-to-iron fabrics.

11. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

You mean this:

[​IMG]

?

12. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

I'm not sure those pictures are right. Best ask Luxire.

13. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

I love the little pleat Luxire makes where the seam meets the cuff.

14. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

When I got my cuffed chinos, they had a buttoned cuff. Never seen one before.

15. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Nice, just ordered this fabric. Nice to see it in a 'real life' setting.

16. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Exactly! Thank you so much for taking the picture!
    Does this feature have any practical use or does it merely show that the torso, the sleeve and the cuffs are all attached separately?

Also am still curious about this.

17. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Well-Known Member

Do you guys usually receive a confirmation mail when placing an order at Luxire? I received a paypal payment confirmation, but nothing from Luxire. That was 2 days ago.
    Thanks.

Sincerely,

18. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

During arm movement stress, the seam will be less giving than the rest of the sleeve. By first attaching the sleeve the way we do and then the way the seam is tucked reduces the possibility of hitting that roadblock. Also increases the life of the shirt.

Almost no shirt-makers do these things anymore. Was a known practice among the regarded ones till a few decades ago.

2 people like this.
  19. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the first photo is one of a proper cuff. It requires a lot of extra material - the end is hemmed as per normal, then folded back twice the height required of the cuff, then folded down again halfway and under and finished. You can then do a little stitching on the side seams to keep it up and in shape, and press it. Or, in the case with the high rise, brown linen pants, you can button it, which apparently Luxire does.

The bottom is simply folding the material back and leaving it like that - similar to what you'd do with selvedge jeans to show off the selvedge line. This is really just a rough cuff that would pass on chinos and jeans.

20. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

This is a nice blog by TTO. I do not say that because it features our pants today.

You do not have to be a fan of classic clothing to enjoy the beautiful selection of images.

But, if you are a fan, there is a lot to admire.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.