1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

It's the same size as my 2 previous white shirts. I haven't measured it yet but I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same. There's navy stripe on my right hand side of the collar there, maybe it's just an ilusion. In my opinion you should be able to put a finger inside your collar while it's buttoned up to the top. THe other thing is that I sit all day in the office and find it more comfortable when the collar isn't very thight. Thanks for the comment

2. ammanati

Yes, Xtra. THank you. I have already slimmed those 2 shirts compared to the previous order. Looks like I may need to slim it a bit more. I wanted to be carefull in slimming ;). Good spot!

3. ammanati

Again, I am before measurments. Update: I increased the yoke a bit. These lines of fabric at the back of the neck, just under the collar, happened to me so I thought why not increase the yoke and see if it help (see previous posts). I have forward shoulders. Maybe I was wrong..I'll discuss this with Luxire while ordering the next shirt. It might also be that when the collar isn't buttoned the shoulders go a bit down?
    Well spotted Dingusberry, thanks.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

ammanati, I agree with Dingusberry, I think the shoulders are too wide.
    I would also have the sleeves slimmed.
    Other from those two details I think the fit on you looks very well, especially the button down.

NOBD, would you mind taking a picture of the sleeve seam joining the cuffs?
    I guess, just like your shirts too had the special sleeve attachment, the seams on your sleeves too are turned around before joining the cuffs?
    I would love to learn about the use of this feature and was not able to explain to Theresa what I meant.
    A picture would be great help.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. ammanati

Thanks guys. I think Ill come back to previous yoke length then

6. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

I don't think I understand, but I can take a pic when the shirt has been washed and ironed again; maybe tomorrow. It's all wrinkled up now, because I've worn it with the sleeves rolled. (And it's time to go to bed...)

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Ahh, you may be right, might be an optical illusion. I'm probably seeing the navy stripe and confusing that for an open space between your neck and the shirt collar.

8. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

Just want to give everyone an update as a lot of you are expecting shirts soon and I have had some since the beginning.

Over time the shirts ALL have broken in extremely well. I'm not sure what Luxire does, but over time the construction causes the shirts (especially the heavier ones) to mold to your body. They've far outlived my Proper Cloth shirts and just gotten more comfortable with time. Even the initial ones that involved me still adjusting the fit have come to look great, if a little more casual, over time.

1 person likes this.
  9. burghler

burghler Well-Known Member

Luxire, if we based the measurements for pants off a pair with pleats but want plain front for our order, would you use darts to allow for the necessary fullness around the hips and seat while tapering through the thigh down to the ankle opening? I'm honestly just curious to hear if there are other ways to achieve this. Thanks!

10. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Darts can be added. For us, with only the measurements, it is difficult to know whether the flow from waist to hips is desired one way or the other. It is thus best to discuss them over email, decide and then add the same to the notes.

11. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

I think all of them are good. Cotton pants tend to wear cooler after a few washes.

12. TehBunny

TehBunny Well-Known Member

Great gingham NOBD; the same fabric has now become my favourite summer shirt by far! Actually wearing it today (in winter....reckless) and its so friggin soft!
    Wear it hard and I promise you the fabric will just get better! Also my initial oxford shirt has just finally gotten that washed look (wrinkly plackets, stubby fabric) hope it doesn't die too soon as this is my favourite phase of an Oxford!

13. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Thx, TehBunny. Sounds good.

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

I've got a question regarding the seams on a pant's leg.

I like a clean seam where the fabric is folded and sewn together on the inside of the leg, just like in this picture of Luxire.
    [​IMG]
    It looks a lot more elegant to me than for example a seam like in this Epaulet Rivet Chino where two rows of stiching run along the seam:
    [​IMG]
    I required to have both the outside as well as the inside seam of the leg to be executed like in the picture of Luxire.
    Unluckily the chino came with a seam like in the Epaulet one at the insides of the legs.

My question: Is it even possible to have the clean seam on both the outside as well as the inside of the leg? In case, how to properly address my wish?

15. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

16. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

The gingham in question is that this one? - http://luxire.com/products/cotton-linen-blue-white-gingham (at 90$) I do agree it looks great.
    Thanks, the dark indigo one is a lot closer to what I wanted than the casual denim shirt. Might not be 100% to the shirts from Acne I posted but this one is still a lot cheaper than the ones I've found from PRL/Acne.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  17. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

That's the one, Xtra. See here:

More swatches (trouser fabrics from Warzone Navy Twill onwards)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: replaced unsharp pic.

5 people like this.
  18. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

Thanks, NOBD. You might want to consider spoilering the pictures for making it easier to read this thread.

As of now I don't own any linen shirts, but the summer here (Norway) is quite short and unstable when it comes to the weather. So I normally wear t-shirts or pique shirts and the occasional cotton gingham shirt during summer.

But thanks for the pictures of swatches. :)

19. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

1. The fabric is darker than it appears in the image. Will share a comparative image in a few minutes.

2. For lighter shades, these fabrics can be sent for different wash processes.

3. If any other type is desired do let us know. We will try and get that as well.

EDIT: Image added:

[​IMG]

20. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the excellent customer service. I would like something like this. Both shirts by Acne. I've seen them in stores but at about 200$ pr. shirt, they are a bit expensive.

[​IMG][​IMG]