1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Well-Known Member

21016.jpg 21016-1.jpg
    Pale Blue Classic Oxford

Summer shirt in quality Oxford fabric for a smart formal appeal.

Features: Fused semi spread collar with 1-button cuff.

2. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Well-Known Member

20942.jpg 20942-3.jpg
    Bright White Jersey

White polo for a casual mood.

Features: Customised collar- un-fused with soft interlining, 2-button cuff and gussets.

usctrojans31 likes this.
  3. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

@luxire is the new label the standard one from now on? I kind of liked the previous one (red and purple).

4. supplychainman

supplychainman Well-Known Member

Can you recommend the material that most resembles wrinkle-free in white. I need a new business shirt.

Thanks.

5. Bob Anderson

Bob Anderson Member

Order finally arrived after around 9 weeks, and just about everything was good, minus the fact that the cuffs looked like they were for someone with incredible hulk hands, despite giving the proper, around the wrist measurement shown on the site. After waiting this long, I'm really not looking forward to having to sent it back.

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

There was a white dress shirt posted a couple of weeks back that had coconut coloured buttons (or something similar). It has some other details to it that I liked but I can't find the post on the new board and im not sure the image would be there even if I could.

If the member who has that shirt could re-post would be greatly appreciated.

7. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

This looks great. If it were mine, I'd taper/narrow the cuffs a bit and add a two-way front zip. Both details would be consonant with a classic cafe racer, and very practical imo/e.

8. Bazsy

Bazsy Member

Could someone recommend some shirt materials for the summer that goes nicely in warm weather as business casual shirts with button down? Thinking about thinner oxfords or seersucker, maybe madrass.
    Also which dress shirt material is the best price/value for an everyday blue dress shirt?

9. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Active Member

I'm happy with my Luxire shirts. I've gotten all of them with the thick MOP buttons. From what I've read the thin ones are too thin and IMHO the thick ones are too thick. Has anyone requested or have experience with something in between?

10. Bazsy

Bazsy Member

It has been said that their premium ones are in between.

11. AlexRamius

AlexRamius Well-Known Member

I have - at last - my Luxire jeans/gurkha!
    It was worth the 3 months wait! :D

image10.jpg

clapeyron and txwoodworker like this.
  12. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

@AlexRamius you presidential campaign is quite something, I can't help but follow it closely, since I work with some many French expats!

AlexRamius likes this.
  13. chickenfark

chickenfark Well-Known Member

Hi all - sent an e-mail to Luxire, but would appreciate any feedback to continue improving the fit of my pants. I feel as if I have the pants lower on my hips than the rise of the pants is made for (which may be causing some excess pocket flare?). Would appreciate any thoughts! Definitely need to take in the excess fabric on the rear. I think for my next pair I will increase the thigh and leg a little bit as they will be breezy linen summer pants. Thanks!

Not sure if images are working right now so included an imgur album - http://imgur.com/a/Pjtjr

14. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

Looks like a good start - one of my suggestions would be too decrease back hip measurement and possibly back rise (not sure about this second suggestion yet). How do the thighs feel?

15. chickenfark

Thanks for the feedback! Thighs feel pretty good, though I could probably increase them regardless of the next pants I order as I'm used to the thighs typically being tight since I have thighs on the larger size (and calves on the much smaller end)

16. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

I find it always helpful to send in a garment for them to replicate - then make adjustments off those.

17. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I also specified ;)
    > reduce the cuffs by 1.5cm
    > add a two way zipper
    > widen the chest pockets
    > add a snap button at the collar
    > remove a tiny bit at the yoke underneath the collar band
    > lower the waist pockets

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

18. chickenfark

Unfortunately, I don't have a pair of pants I love the fit of just yet. Debating if I should just try and get a pair made somewhere around here, or keep trying to iterate on the fits here.

19. Quesjac

Quesjac Well-Known Member

Guys who contemplated / ordered swimming trunks, any reflections on what worked and what didn't? Did you go for side adjusters, zips, etc? @burghler @Sander @Thrifter @Nakedsnake @fridayfrenzy Or if you decided against it, did you find an alternative or just not get around to it? Thanks.

20. Thrifter

Thrifter Well-Known Member

I decided that Kent Wang's swim trunks were a safer bet.