1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Love my straight svens, now what?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr Sola, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Well-Known Member

I'm in love with my new straight svens. The problem is that I can't find them online. Does anyone know of any online retailers? Can anyone recommend another brand/fit that is similar?

2. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Well-Known Member

Denimbar in Arlington has them. I ordered them for $264 shipped. Great guy to do business with.

3. Babar

Babar Well-Known Member

I'm in love with my new straight svens. The problem is that I can't find them online. Does anyone know of any online retailers? Can anyone recommend another brand/fit that is similar?

The APC Rescue, or simply "Men's jean", is as close as it gets. Go down two sizes for a similar fit.

4. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

Rescue's denim pale in comparision to the Svens. I would suggest a Lee 101 repro, but I'm not too sure if the OP is willing to splurge on denim.

5. Babar

Babar Well-Known Member

Rescue's denim pale in comparision to the Svens. I would suggest a Lee 101 repro, but I'm not too sure if the OP is willing to splurge on denim.

Well, they're not as heavy (12oz vs 13,5 iirc) but they're still though as steel (I have much more experience with Nudie than APC, but nowadays I wear my Rescues almost exclusively). The SSDS now also comes in a different flavor than before (soft, streaky denim compared to the standard starched denim used in the RRDS).

6. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Well-Known Member

fos5.com has some straight svens in. Nonselvage I think, 28-32 waist. $155.

Oipolloi.com also has straight svens and greycast slim jims. They're pretty cheap too. You can get straight sven dry selvage for $160 shipped to the U.S.! If I'm converting my currency correctly...I hope I am.

7. Tabris

Tabris Well-Known Member

fos5.com has some straight svens in. Nonselvage I think, 28-32 waist. $155.

Oipolloi.com also has straight svens and greycast slim jims. They're pretty cheap too. You can get straight sven dry selvage for $160 shipped to the U.S.! If I'm converting my currency correctly...I hope I am.

Yes you are.

And the SSDS of this season are like the SSLE released last year. Negating the limited edition SS.

8. Kalladin

Kalladin New Member

do they make the dry selvage in 38" waist? i've had RR non selvage in a 38, but don't see any of the selvage bigger than 36

9. Babar

Babar Well-Known Member

do they make the dry selvage in 38" waist? i've had RR non selvage in a 38, but don't see any of the selvage bigger than 36

The biggest size for their selvage jeans is 36x36.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Yes you are.

And the SSDS of this season are like the SSLE released last year. Negating the limited edition SS.

To add,

The SSDS from this season are not made in Sweden and do not carry the little Swedish flag sewn into the waistband. Other than that, they appear to be the same.

11. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

Sounds like the new SSDS is simultaneously a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I really loved the denim used on the Svenskas, curse because it now negates me buying a pair of the Limited editions.

12. Tabris

Tabris Well-Known Member

Sounds like the new SSDS is simultaneously a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I really loved the denim used on the Svenskas, curse because it now negates me buying a pair of the Limited editions.

That's what I thought.

13. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

Speaking of Svens, say I have a 33" true waist, what size should I order? I know with my Olas they had really slim thighs so i ordered a 32, and they fit pretty snug but overall the waist is pretty good (stretched out a bit now though). The svens have a higher rise, so what would be the best size? I'm looking for a fit close to the one on Nudie's fit guide. (not tight or loose)

14. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

Order a sz 32 then.
    In my case, I'm also a true size 33, but with fairly slim legs, but I always go with a 31 due to my experiences with Nudie.

15. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

Order a sz 32 then.
    In my case, I'm also a true size 33, but with fairly slim legs, but I always go with a 31 due to my experiences with Nudie.

Yeah my thighs aren't exactly slim, but not quite fat either.