1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Louis sale 75% off

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CunningSmeagol, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

Don't think they ship. It would be hard to know what they have without actually going to the store b/c the stuff was flying off the racks.

Cool thanks, living in Canada [​IMG]

2. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

i am fairly sure that Filenes Basement no longer gets LB as of about a year ago

they had plenty in the past 3 months

3. Bartolo

Bartolo Well-Known Member

Hmm lemme see if I can get there when the store opens tomorrow morning [​IMG]

4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

can anyone give an idea of price ranges?

is literally everthing 75% off?

5. shasta

shasta Well-Known Member

It's Louis Vuitton Don Night - So we gon do everything that Kan' like

6. slumdawgbillionaire

slumdawgbillionaire Well-Known Member

It's Louis Vuitton Don Night - So we gon do everything that Kan' like

is that the lyric from Kanye west?

7. shasta

shasta Well-Known Member

is that the lyric from Kanye west?

that it is "dawg"

8. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Well-Known Member

can anyone give an idea of price ranges?

is literally everthing 75% off?

Yes. Everything left at the store is 75% off.

9. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Yes. Everything left at the store is 75% off.

[​IMG]

I won't be in Boston for another 3 weeks or so

10. Christofuh

Christofuh Well-Known Member

I dropped by @ the completion of my downtown C&J hunt.
    The place proved less visually stimulating than a public toilet in rural Bangladesh.
    And what's with those "hip" salesmorons ?
    The broad's gonna ruin this store. Remember, you read it here 1st [​IMG]

11. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

I dropped by @ the completion of my downtown C&J hunt.
    The place proved less visually stimulating than a public toilet in rural Bangladesh.
    And what's with those "hip" salesmorons ?
    The broad's gonna ruin this store. Remember, you read it here 1st [​IMG]

+1

Luis is going where? Southy? Luis is dead baby, Luis is dead.

12. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

Good news. This is a fantastic opportunity to stock up on their Harrys of London shoes.

Any idea who makes them ?

13. DrZRM

DrZRM Well-Known Member

Things are picked pretty clean, but I got a nice Kiton shirt for ~$100 and a few linen pocket squares. I almost got my first Fray shirt, but you know when you are buying something for the brand more than the design? It fit nicely, but how often am I really going to wear a purple striped shirt?

Good pants left in many sizes (Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni), but even at 75% off, $1,000 pants are a bit rich for my blood. Same thing with suits and SC, still nice stuff around, but most prices are starting around $4K, so good deals for someone, but still thousand dollar suits.

14. Bartolo

Bartolo Well-Known Member

Things are picked pretty clean, but I got a nice Kiton shirt for ~$100 and a few linen pocket squares. I almost got my first Fray shirt, but you know when you are buying something for the brand more than the design? It fit nicely, but how often am I really going to wear a purple striped shirt?

Good pants left in many sizes (Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni), but even at 75% off, $1,000 pants are a bit rich for my blood. Same thing with suits and SC, still nice stuff around, but most prices are starting around $4K, so good deals for someone, but still thousand dollar suits.

That's why I ended up not even driving down there over the weekend. I know their prices . . . even at 75% off, for me, it'd have to be something I REALLY want to own, and would/will wear. I've (finally) learned not to buy just because of price and brand, less you end up like you said with the purple striped shirt. I don't need a somewhat-bizarre $4k SC for $1k, even if the label is Kiton or whatever. I do much better planning out my purchases and buying what i WANT, than in such impulse-purchase scenarios.

15. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

I went Sat AM, and this is why I didn't buy anything.

there were lots of pants at MSRP of $550 ish and shirts $350/$400 ish, but meh take 75% off and thats still more than I normally spend. combined with the fact that I'm being made fun of in my new office when I wear anything nicer than jeans,I figured it was money I shouldn't be spending

16. AJL

AJL Well-Known Member

Actually, some nice Valentini cotton pants--moleskins, cords-- at pretty affordable prices ($450 ish less 75%). Took a stack into the dressing room today, and was reminded of the fact that I am a goddamn fatass and need to lose some weight. Almost bought a few pairs in anticipation of slimmer days ahead, but then I remembered the stack already in my closet bought under similar auspices. God I suck [​IMG]

17. Masshole

Masshole Member

+1

Luis is going where? Southy? Luis is dead baby, Luis is dead.

Exactly. The "Seaport District" has quite a ways to go before it has any foot traffic which still would only be a fraction of what the lower end of newbury st. has. If your not working at Fidelity or Reuters, there's no reason to be down there except the occasional trip to pier 4, LTK, or the new Mortons.

18. Christofuh

Christofuh Well-Known Member

She will send out - cough, cough - a limo to collect established customers of LB to bring them to the new location.
    I thought most of them bailed after Murray had left.
    The whole story behind the move smelled like a pile of shyte to me.
    She simply couldn't afford the new lease payments in this economy; hence non-renewal [​IMG]
    I also found it amusing how they kept Brioni (but dumped every other brand rival retailers started carrying) because "it's cut to LB specs" [​IMG]

19. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Well-Known Member

She will send out - cough, cough - a limo to collect established customers of LB to bring them to the new location.
    I thought most of them bailed after Murray had left.
    The whole story behind the move smelled like a pile of shyte to me.
    She simply couldn't afford the new lease payments in this economy; hence non-renewal [​IMG]
    I also found it amusing how they kept Brioni (but dumped every other brand rival retailers started carrying) because "it's cut to LB specs" [​IMG]

Hey if they carry some new and interesting labels, I'm all for that. Just as long as it's not boring, which was my problem with LB for a couple years now. I love boring stuff, don't get me wrong, but that is pretty much the last reason I'd go to Louis. There's enough brown and navy in my wardrobe already.

20. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

I only went to Luis for late lunch on occasion when with a date and when they had some "presentations"- corporate events...
    Oh, yea I also loved that Pack-Man machine on a second floor. Even shop assistants were not that interesting to walk another flight of stairs to the third.
    Blah...