1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Louie on FX

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Dedalus, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Great ending. The part with the kids and the card was really touching. He's become a great actor this season.

1 person likes this.
  2. L.R.

L.R. Well-Known Member

I take it to mean he's still thinking "Fuck You". He was told, and mentioned to a couple other people, that this was a make it or break deal for him. He'd never get another shot. But he tried his hardest, actually put himself out there (he wasn't happy just doing stand up, but he was complacent), and he lost. But he knows he can do it, he knows he can be better, so fuck what the rest of the world is saying, he's going to keep on trying, if only for himself.

3. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

Agreed +9000 and thanks.

I've never seen Louie so confident as he was in this past episode (read: during the test reel).

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

^its just a "rocky" parallel.

the second they parodied the rocky theme song/scenes you could easily telegraph the ending of this arc was going to be that Louie would prove himself to be worthy, but like then ending of rocky he'd still end up losing the decision.

a ton of people tend to forget that at the end of the original rocky movie he actually loses the match: a decision loss to the defending champion.

if none of the other rocky movie sequels were made you'd have to assume that he would have fought a rematch with the knowledge that rocky now not only has a puncher's chance but actually does have the chops to be the "champion".

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  5. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

+1. a great ending. felt like a drama more than a comedy, i think it served the story well

the cbs exec is great. fucking love everything about that man

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  6. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

really glad Louis won his two oscars. i think he for sure gets another one next year for the current season

7. Texastyle

Texastyle Well-Known Member

I'm so great that he won an Emmy for Best Comedy Writing. His show is just so fantastic, especially considering how much work he puts into it himself.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

back on monday!

1 person likes this.
  9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

rofl

first two episodes are great

2 people like this.
  10. haroldyking

haroldyking Active Member

Hilarious. That security jacket was awesome, too.

11. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Just caught up on the first two eps. The second episode was truly, awkwardly, cringing-ly hilarious. Especially at the end with the waitress at the beginning.