1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Loose ties -- ok?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dj-jd, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

I do it often when going out. For reference, I am 24 and in NYC. And slim. And I only do this with slim ties.

I love ties but wearing them perfectly knotted and tight is just a little bit over-the-top when going out. Loosen it up a bit and dress the look down a bit.

If you feel comfortable with the look, you can pull it off. If you are going to a professional function looking like this, fix your tie immediately.

1 person likes this.
  2. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

Pun intended, but some need to loosen up a bit here FFS..

3. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

Enjoy it while you can. Soon you will be old, fat, and dull...

I used to be old, fat and dull. But I have "re-invented" myself. It's all in the head... [​IMG]

4. raiderbuck

raiderbuck Well-Known Member

At the end of the day when it is appropriate to have a "Devil may care swagger..", smoking a Cuban...

Or if you have a pair of Fins to entertain..

But if you have to think about it or force it.. Then you are not ready..

Agreed.

I wear it only after a long day. I usually just unbutton the top button, and slightly loosen the tie. The knot is still intact, it just sits a little bit offskew.

Unfortunately, I don't look as cool smokin' a stogie as much Phat Guido does....

5. stuarts8

stuarts8 Well-Known Member

I think This look is perfectly OK in a Casual Setting or rlaxing. I actually happen to think it looks nice especially with French Cuff Shirts and Cufflinks! I will get howls of Derision here![​IMG]

Cheers
    Stuarts8

6. joeygladstone

joeygladstone Well-Known Member

when the shirt collar is too tight