1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Looking for these boat shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Theboyingreen, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Theboyingreen

Theboyingreen Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hi, guys. I'm looking to purchase some boat shoes atm. I reaally like these ones I found on ebay but they're second hand, and a little too beaten up. So I'm trying to find some which are more or less identical (black soles, navy/brown) and I can't find any anywhere. The main problem is finding boat shoes with dark soles which seem to be quite hard to come by. So yeh if anyone could help me find a pair similar to these then I would be so very grateful.

Thank's :)

2. Jasper 47

Jasper 47 Member

Hi, check out "soletrader" on e.bay. They're discounting 3 style of timberland £44.99 incl.postage, Bot in the blue / brown combo. but defo. dark sole on one of the styles. Hope this helps.

3. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

actually, those are not beaten up...

4. Theboyingreen

Theboyingreen Member

Went into a store the other day and saw some sperry's with white soles. Forgot about the dark soles and got them anyway. They were too good to leave ;o thank's for the help anyway guys :B

5. hammer07

hammer07 Well-Known Member

I maybe mistaken but I believe the dark sole makes it a camp moc. LL Bean, Quoddy and all the other Maine companies sell boat shoes with a camp sole.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  6. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

It takes at least 3 to 4 years of wear for boat shoes to break in "properly". Problem is, when they're "just right", they immediately fall apart. I'm partial to Sperry's and (some) Bass.