1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Looking for male colognes with strong, long-lasting scents

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by HLPR, Aug 30, 2012.

1. HLPR

HLPR New Member

Basically I've tried most of the easy to get colognes - Davidoff, Guess, Calvin Klein, Nautica, Burberry, few others I can't remember and my body just eats them all up. I need 8-10 sprays just to smell good for 2-3 hours using colognes that my friends go 2 sprays with and think it's almost too much on them...

Now, I have some burberry touch, acqua di gio, and 'man' by guess and I am partial to those scents so I was hoping someone here could suggest something along those lines only stronger.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. Style Minded

Style Minded New Member

I have the same problem so I understand what you're looking for. Aramis, Paul Sebastian and Armani Mania have all worked for me. I have received compliments first thing in the morning and at the end of the business day on all three. The others that I have tried (and that is no small number) tend to fade quickly even after 10-12 sprays. Boucheron is another one that lasts well. Good luck.

3. hennree

hennree Well-Known Member

Try Givenchy Play (intense) - it has a very strong, unique scent. GIRLS LOVE IT. :foo:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

HLPR, before you decide that these scents have vanished, consider that your nose adapts to the smells around it and starts to tune them out. Read up on Olfactory Fatigue and take it easy with the sprayer for a while.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

have you heard of Alexander McQueen's Kingdom?

6. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

/rachel: And, of course, moisturize your skin.

7. bhballer366

bhballer366 New Member

Try Polo Ralph Lauren Blue.

8. NiceGuyTom

NiceGuyTom Well-Known Member

Guerlain L'instant De Guerlain Extreme

Dior Homme
    Dior Homme Intense
    Chanel Egoiste
    Parfums De Nicolai New York

All have great lasting power and are great scents.

9. Eric Michael

Eric Michael Well-Known Member

Rather a late reply to this thread... but there's always time to buy more perfume!
    Strong scents I've found include:

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Oud Wood, Tuscan Leather (most of the PB line is strong though)
    Tom Ford Extreme, Grey Vetiver, Black Orchid (you can see a trend emerging here...)
    Hermes Bel Ami (beautiful, old-fashioned leather scent)
    Bois 1920 Real Patchouly (hot fragrance, pimento pepper mixed with tonka bean and leather... amazing)
    Bond No. 9 Cooper Square, New York Oud
    DSquared2 Potion

I agree with b1os, if moisturizing the area(s) where you spray, the perfume should last longer... I also like to spray some on my clothing (depending on the colour that I'm wearing)
    Remember, Eau de Parfum lasts longer than Eau de Toilette, but doesn't always necessarily project as well.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  10. Onur Arslan

Onur Arslan Member

Dior Homme Intense always wins. I've never heard a woman say she doesn't like it and it last forever. I come back home at night, take a shower for 20 minutes and it's still there. And i always go 2 sprays. Amazing scent, amazing power. Not for sunny days tought, i change to Bleu De Chanel in the summer.

11. Pash

Pash Well-Known Member

12. MMoon24

MMoon24 Well-Known Member

I would say it's a bit more of a summer scent, but it's known to be a classic and does last long. Mind you, it's not "smell me from a mile away" type. The person has to be within talking distance.

Issey Miyake l'eau d'issey

13. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

14. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Well-Known Member

15. notimetoget

notimetoget New Member

I've never heard a woman say she doesn't like it and it last forever. I come back home at night, take a shower for 20 minutes and it's still there. And i always go 2 sprays. Amazing scent, amazing power. Not for sunny days tought, i change to Bleu De Chanel in the summer. thanks for your sharing,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  16. Purple Label

Purple Label Member

Angel Men or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Fragrantica.com offers ratings for fragrances based on their projection and longevity, so if you like a scent, you can check there to see if those criterion are met.

17. milesdavisjr

milesdavisjr Well-Known Member

LLURE SPORT FOR MEN...ESCENTRIC MOLECULES...TOM FORD'S BLACK ORDCHID.....now the only one ive had compliments from women is ES MOLECULES...that said I'm willinh to accept suggestions as I have similar problem to OP

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

18. freshcutgrass

freshcutgrass Well-Known Member

Carnal Flower

A spray on my wrist mid day could still be smelled the next morning. It's also an amazing scent. It's not cheap, but 1 spray instead of 2 or 3 is all you need. If you spray the back of your neck, get some on your hair...hair seems to retain the fragrance longer.

19. StormRider

StormRider Well-Known Member

Most of the Tom Ford private blend last a long time on my skin. Montale and Mancera are also very long lasting as well. You can get them at Min New York. For stuff you can get at the mall, I'd say Mugler Angel Man and flankers.