1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Looking for dSLR Camera Straps

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by stimulacra, Jul 12, 2011.

1. stimulacra

stimulacra Well-Known Member

Recently got a Canon EOS 60D. Great camera, but the camera strap with the red trim and the brand and model number embroidered in white makes me feel a wee bit conspicuous; touristy in the best of situations, a target for criminals in the worst.

Does anyone on SF have any stylish or low key recommendations? I did do a search but the closest thread talked more about bags to hold the gear.

My guess is that with all of the menswear blogger on the board, someone has found some nice alternatives.

Thank you in advance.

2. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

OpTech Strap System Super Classic-Strap Pro Loop OCLS10

4. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Good thread.

I've been looking into getting a new strap, too, but was thinking of something that isn't just flat black. I've seen quite a few leather straps on ebay but I'm always concerned about the quality when it's coming from some no-name HK dealer.

The Luma looks good in that it's low-key but I'd prefer something that maybe looks a bit more old school than photo geeky.

5. erzu

erzu Well-Known Member

i use couch (couchcamerastraps.com) shoulder straps and gordy's leather wrist straps depending on what camera i'm bringing. couch is cool if you're in the mood for some kitsch '70's style, and gordy's is classy to look at. i use a wrist strap with a pad on a D300 and i like that the strap makes the camera almost incospicuous despite its bulk.

l

6. whodini

Couch seems a little hipster-ish but I did see a strap in there that I might get.

7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I use either a leather wrist-strap (gourdy or similar), a black rapid (GREAT for work, love it, but dorky for personal work :p ) or a homemade black leather strap. The leather strap is great. Thick, comfortable and sexy.

8. London

London Well-Known Member

I second Gordy's. I use one for my camera.

9. erzu

erzu Well-Known Member

i agree on couch being hipster-ish. i mainly got the navy blue and army green seatbelt-material ones. they're pretty understated and very comfortable to use. i tried but didn't like any of the bandolier-type straps. no offense but they're kinda geeky. i should add i'm not a pro, though.

10. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Artisan & Artist. made in Japan. dope.

11. whodini

i agree on couch being hipster-ish. i mainly got the navy blue and army green seatbelt-material ones. they're pretty understated and very comfortable to use. i tried but didn't like any of the bandolier-type straps. no offense but they're kinda geeky. i should add i'm not a pro, though.

That's all I'm asking.

12. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

For heavy duty and comfort checkout www.blackrapid.com. It ain't fashionable though, more professional.

13. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Hey on this note, anyone have any good recommendations for solid slr handstraps? looking for one that doesn't rely on the battery side grip construction.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any calf skin straps?

15. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

Is the Gordy camera strap suitable for an SLR?? any other recs for menswear slr straps... :D thx

16. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

I went with the Mercedes Couch SLR camera strap.

17. whodini

I like mine a lot.

18. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I love mine too, it's red in color, bohemian style, so darling!!!
    Here's their shop: www.imostrap.com
    Frankly speaking, I should say I buy from here: www.imoshop.esty.com But I just realized that this handmade camera strap shop got it's own website. Many different styles, color & patterns, and the strap is of leather ends, not those plastic stuff! I love it so much!