1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a leather jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cubcadet12, Dec 10, 2012.

1. cubcadet12

cubcadet12 Member

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a leather jacket. I know nothing about them, but I like the idea of the colar-less moto jackets. I need one that's not too thick and slim fit so i'm not swimming in it like I am in my Grandpa's passed down leather.

I also really love the distressed look, I've attached a pic of what i'm kind of looking for. If you know where I should look i'd love to know.

[​IMG]

2. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

I got myself two killer jackets at a western/vintage shop in Boston. Both are moto race style bombers that are distressed and worn. One is amber, the other classic black. Try looking at second hand or vintage shops that carry leather goods. If it's 100% leather and a good fit, a couple coats of mink oil should provide you what you are after.

Or just buy a Schott and let is age. That will take awhile though.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012