1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

longest you have ever gone without sleep?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by js4design, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ysc

ysc Well-Known Member

four days at a music festival. I passed out/collapsed in a semi-planned fashion a couple of times but I don't think I really slept for more than an hour or so.
    Went home and showered then slept for a day straight, and felt like crap for the better part of a week. I had a lot of cuts I didn't remember getting and at some stage the bottom of my trousers caught fire because there were burns all over them and less hair on my legs than before.

2. Biscione

Biscione Well-Known Member

How? I've heard stories of people in the army being kept awake for 2-3 days on training and things but 80 hours...

It was a silly party that went on for days. I was fuelled by caffeine (amongst other substances), but I can barely remember the last 15 hours of it, and I was apparently making virtually no sense whenever I talked. I ended up falling to sleep/passing out mid conversation.

3. gregor

gregor Well-Known Member

I have gone for 2 days, the recovery took 3 days. haha

4. Casey

Casey Well-Known Member

One Wednesday, I had a red eye flight to Indianapolis and I'm not quite sure how many hours it was but I woke up around 6:30 like I do each morning, stayed awake all day/night long until we arrived at Indianapolis in the morning and stayed awake that day whole day too. I had some black tea so I didn't get much sleep that night.

Technically, I got about 20 minutes of sleep on the flight from San Diego to Los Angeles (It was the smoothest flight I have ever been on despite the fact that it was on one of those itty bitty shaky planes). My sleep schedule for the next four days were so messed up, I'd sleep randomly during the middle of the day for 10 minutes at a time.

5. LexSenthur

LexSenthur Well-Known Member

Oh man, 50 some hours. Woke up super early New Years Eve Day during an already sleep deprived week and did the whole party thing, then went to the Rose bowl party at a neighbors with some people who were far more into the game than I was. Got a second wind and stayed up the next night to prove I could.

6. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Was out of town 2 years ago prepping for a trial, got about 3 hours of sleep a night on average for 2 straight weeks. Felt like total crap of course.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

4 hours a nite for my last semester in college.

6 days (that's 144 hours) in my early 30s...

8. c3cubed

c3cubed Well-Known Member

Haven't slept since 1972 I think.

9. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

6 days! Dear god, that is teetering very close to the max one can go. After getting 45 minutes of sleep for about 5 days, I felt my heart starting to beat erratically and skip a beat here and there, it was kind of scary.

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

6 days! Dear god, that is teetering very close to the max one can go. After getting 45 minutes of sleep for about 5 days, I felt my heart starting to beat erratically and skip a beat here and there, it was kind of scary.

I was naked, chained to the floor, and forced to listen to Mozart.

11. Temoin la Nuit

Temoin la Nuit New Member

About 75 hours, give or take a few.

A mix of back-to-back clubbing/k-lounge, work training, b-day dinners, etc.

Ended up sleeping 30 hours or so afterward. By the third day of being awake, the ringing got pretty bad.

12. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

good lord man, that's insane. My most would probably be around 50+ hours around the holidays. Hate every bit of it.

13. brittain

brittain Well-Known Member

not sure exactly, but over 100 hours on a handful of occasions

14. inq89

inq89 Well-Known Member

I don't know how you guys do it. I've never even had a full allnighter...passed out around 5am.

15. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Well-Known Member

52 hours, followed by a 16 hour coma. Would never do it again.

16. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

I don't know how you guys do it. I've never even had a full allnighter...passed out around 5am.

seriously?

17. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Well-Known Member

i can only go a little more than a full day before i inevitably pass out.

18. Etienne

Etienne Well-Known Member

I've had my share of all-nighters and sleep-deprived weeks (these are actually the norm for me, I have a very erratic sleep schedule).

I don't remember ever pulling two nights in a row though, so my max is probably around 40 hours.

19. svelten

svelten Well-Known Member

I did a bunch of all nighters in college ~36 hours, those were no problem. I did a 60 hour, adderall-fueled studying binge during finals once. That was out of control.

Yeah adderall is the shit. I've done only roughly 48 hours nonstop with it for a string of final exams one week, but it felt terrible and it showed on my face with a huge acne outbreak, plus I didn't even do that well on those exams. I then realized even with a 120% course load I could have started studying earlier. Fallacies of youth.

I did go around 36 hours without sleep to study for, and subsequently ace a midterm years ago, scoring a date the night of the midterm and hitting third base at my place. Performance levels vary considerably with sleep deprivation, though it really gets worse as you age. I don't bother going any nights without sleep in my work life as I pretty much can no longer function the way I did as a kid.

20. svelten

svelten Well-Known Member

Was out of town 2 years ago prepping for a trial, got about 3 hours of sleep a night on average for 2 straight weeks. Felt like total crap of course.

you have the best avatar ever