1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Long suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MysticAura, Oct 10, 2006.

1. MysticAura

MysticAura Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Recently, I saw some long suits for sale. Think a suit jacket but it comes to about the upper knees with pants to match. I've seen variations in pinstripes and black/navy. What are these suits for? Are they formal wear? They are definetly not overcoats - far too light and thin.

What would you wear something like this to? They're very slim fitting, super suppressed waist. I was quite impressed but never tried it on.

2. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

They are for for pimps. Put it back on the rack and back away slowly [​IMG]

3. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

They are for for pimps. Put it back on the rack and back away slowly [​IMG]

Unless, of course, you happen to be a pimp...

[​IMG]

4. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

or will soon be drafted in the nba...

5. Newton

Newton Well-Known Member

or will soon be drafted in the nba...

So I'm not the only person who has noticed that!

Here in Australia we see little of the NBA. But we watched as Andrew Bogut got taken as #1 draft pick by the Bucks (it was all over the news) and the suits were all just horrible.

To the OP. Long suits as you mentioned, should never be worn or contemplated.

Although to be fair, there are far more uses than 'just' pimps. Gangster movies perhaps?