1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Lodger Shoes - London

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by meister, Apr 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. countbaron

countbaron Well-Known Member

typically i wouldn't be wasting time with a 4-poster but since you seem to be a sock puppet i will go the extra mile and show the 'Hamilton by Cheaney' I bought so that there are no equivocations about lodger or anyone who-like Shire rose comes on this forum to lie for them [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
  2. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Beautiful shoe countbaron. I am beginning to like your brutal truth telling....

3. Shire Rose 74

Shire Rose 74 Member

Countbaron, for someone who has 176 posts compared to my 4 (as you seem to be so keen on the amount I have posted I also wanted to let you know that I have just had 3 pints, eaten 1 piece of fish and just spent 20 pounds at the shop) I have always gone down the route of quality rather than quantity and can quite clearly see that your posts are pure drivel. I have not the faintest clue as to what you are even trying to suggest however let me try and help you. Please let me know if it gets too confusing for you... I have no doubt that you purchased your pair of shoes from Cheaney as they are indeed Lodger shoes that have been rejected and re-socked by Cheaney and sold in their factory shop at a reject price. This happens at many factories so please explain where the lying comes into my original response. Unfortunately Knowledge on these topics seems to be lost on you but I am sure your many years in the Northamptonshire shoe industry count you as a good yardstick of all things worth knowing regarding how the factories work.

4. JulianB

JulianB New Member

Just so I'm clear that we are "arguing" about the same thing. Lodger English shoes were made for them by Alfred Sargent, to what I understand to be their "exclusive" standard. It now appears Lodger are having their English shoes made by Cheaney. This may indicate a drop in quality.

Shire Rose, are you positioning that Lodger still has shoes made by AS? Or that Cheaney is selling AS for Lodger seconds? Or that Cheaney always made shoes for Lodger?

5. Shire Rose 74

Shire Rose 74 Member

Lodger moved their production to Cheaneys over a year ago due to the problems at AS. Quality wise I can not comment as I have not purchased a pair recently from lodger. I would think that Cheaneys are selling re-branded seconds like most factories do.

6. culverwood

culverwood Well-Known Member

7. clausc

clausc Well-Known Member

I saw that yesterday. Prices are so close to retail. I have two pair of Cardington boots , (navy and tan), bought from Asos, paid about 150 pounds or less, 250 in the sample sale, 270 retail. I still do not see how they can justify these prices.

I'd buy these grey brogues, but hey, 400???
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  8. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Well-Known Member

Bumping an old thread - may start a new one if that's better (mods - maybe you can put "Lutwyche" in the thread title?)

Went to London a couple months ago and bought a pair of Lutwyche oxfords. Been wearing it regularly since I returned - 1-2 times a week. Looks good and leather has held up well so far. The last is a little narrow but YMMV. RRP these days are about GBP540 (!!) but I bought them at a good discount so I was pretty happy.

A few photos below (obviously not polished!) - looks like the shoes are still being made by Cheaneys?

Overall review - good enough that I'll consider getting another pair or two (preferably not at RRP). I'd rank them way above Grenson (different pricing obviously) and also over the Church's (Hong Kong oxfords) that I have (the Lutwyche leather is more supple for sure).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2016