1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Local library and clothing books

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eldridge, Apr 22, 2002.

1. eldridge

eldridge Active Member

I went to my local library and found a treasure of books, including The Official Preppy Handbook. If you have some free time go to your local library and look up men's clothing. A list of some titles I checked out: Birnbach, Lisa. The Official Preppy Handbook. Workman Publishing Company. New York, NY. 1980. Omelianuk, Scott. Esquire's Things a Man Should Know About Style. Riverhead Books. New York, NY. 1999. Thourlby, William. You Are What You Wear: The Key to Business Success. Sheed Andrews and McMeel. Kansas City, MO. 1978. Wagenvoord, James. Personal Style: The Man's Guide to Fashion, Fitness, Travel, and Entertaining. Holt, Rinhart and Winston. New York, NY. 1985. Wilson, William. Man at His Best: The Esquire Guide to Style. Esquire Press. 1985. I was unable to find any books by Alan Flusser.

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

IMHO, you should chuck the rest of those books, with the exc. of the preppy handbook, go for flusser and boyer, the two best in their field. i would recommend looking at amazon.com to find the books/ descriptions, then order the books via the interlibrary loan, by finding them in Books in Print.

also, add to the list the 'chic simple Mens Clothing' book. good resource, i think.