1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Lobb shoes in shark or whale skin(?).

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thinman, Apr 26, 2005.

1. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

2. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I'm forum-challenged. Meant to add in my original post that I think the shoes areugly. They're gray, aren't they?

3. kabert

kabert Well-Known Member

I saw that auction too. Pretty "unique" shoes, but I suppose they would be doable with the right pair of slacks. The EBay seller is shooting himself in the foot by not having more and better pictures. Not even a picture of the inside to show the Lobb label??? No picture of the sole of the shoe? A bit odd all around.

4. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Is this the same seller who had those elephant gray Lobb slip-ons for sale a while back?

5. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

They look like elephant to me. And yes, they are indeed ugly. I would never wear them (take that, Manton.).

6. cuffthis

cuffthis Well-Known Member

I wonder if Ed Hayes would wear these?

7. Cliff

Cliff Well-Known Member

They do look like elephant and the only place I can think of to wear them would be a hospital [​IMG]

8. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

Definitely not sharkskin. Would second the conjectures that they are elephant hide. My knowledge of exotic leathers comes entirely from my too-extensive holster wardrobe.

Agree that they might be okay with the right slacks for a summer look--sort of an alternative to white bucks. At that giveaway price (why so cheap, I wonder?) I'd be inclined to bid were I a size 7.5, which I most emphatically ain't.