1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Loakes or Loding?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by koolhistorian, Mar 22, 2008.

1. koolhistorian

koolhistorian Well-Known Member

Ok first silly question: in terms of quality wich shoes are better: Loakes 1880 or the Loding shoes? I have a retailer which has Lodings in Bucharest (inflates a little bit the price) or I can buy Loakes over the net (Pediwear, Herring, etc). I prefer EU based dealers because of lack of hassle about customs, etc (if I would take the P.Lal way)! Thank you very much!

2. whedda

whedda Member

I would say that it´s a question of two very different shoemakers. Loding is more of a Berluti-inspired brand with beautiful colors and sleek lasts. Loake 1880 is on the other hand a very brittish shoe with a solid construction. I think it´s a matter of personal taste. I have a pair from both brands and I´m more into the loding look but the loake feels a little bit more solid and will probably stand up better against rain, road salt and time.

None of the brands are in the same league as Edward Green, John Lobb, Crockett&Jones or Church´s but they are both a great shoe in the pricerange of 150-200€.