1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

In Allen Edmonds Strands I'm US 10E, what would that roughly translate into in Loake? I'm looking for a couple of sleek and affordable looking oxfords, Loake 1880 series seems like a good choice, but I have no way to test them.

2. AL FINK

AL FINK Active Member

It depends on the last of the shoes. Could you pick a model/last? It is easier to help you with your size that way.

3. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

I guess the Aldwych looks like my best choice.

4. AL FINK

AL FINK Active Member

For Aldywch, I would shoot for 9F. Loake run a little bit big and will fit your 10E.

My foot measured around 10-10.5US in the brannock and i have a slightly low instep. Loake on Capital last such as Aldwych fit me best on 9F.

I have the Cannon in 9.5F (same last as aldwych) and it's a half size big for me. Needs to strap it really tight and needs an insole to offset.

I have my Churchill in 8.5F (elongated last and the Loake person told me it rather fit like G width, the fit would be similar to a Capital last in 9F). Fits me perfectly.

Hope this help. I would suggest you contact with the site you are buying from, if you are ordering online. They could give you their suggestion again based on your foot size and the AE you wear. If you are still not sure, contact Loake themself. They are quite useful but not as responsive in my experience.

5. AL FINK

AL FINK Active Member

Loake Churchill on my final exam week :)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Those are great looking shoes!

7. Odradek

Odradek Well-Known Member

Is this a common opinion? That Loake run a little big.
    I'm wearing a 7 in the Loake Capital last, but 8.5 in Allen Edmonds.

8. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

The Capital is a generous last compared to most others. Those who like it snug may need to size 0.5 down

9. thebov

thebov Member

[​IMG]
    Wearing black Gladstones today from the 1880 range.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  10. Normunds

Normunds Member

I have Chester shoes for 2 weeks now and I find their colour bit too light. Therefore I took bit of tan leather dye and tried on a heel.

[​IMG]

Not too bad I think. Let's try it on the front.

[​IMG]

and then the rest.

[​IMG]

For the next time I will try to find chestnut brown colour and burnish details a bit.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  11. All Tatters

All Tatters Well-Known Member

Good going Normunds! The new colour is much nicer! What brand/colour did you use? It looks reddish like Saphir #10.

12. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Well-Known Member

Help with sizing on cannon model? Thinking the 7uk may work?

7.5 Alden trubal
    40 CP Achilles
    8/8.5 Nike

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  13. thebov

thebov Member

I am not sure if this helps and I dont have the cannon, but I have the aldwych in UK7. I tried on the indy boot on 7.5 US and that fitted really good

14. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Could anyone identify this model? Is it part of the 1880-series? Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

16. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Do you anything about the 1639 last?
    I wear 6.5UK in both the 024 and the 026 last, and I found those shoes for $175, but it is only one size left and the size is 7UK.

17. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

'Fraid not. I don't know nearly enough about Loakes to offer any sizing advice.

18. AL FINK

AL FINK Active Member

I would advice you to make an inquiry to pediwear or Loake(via email) about sizing. They would most likely help you regarding the 1639 last even you're not pulling the trigger on neither of them. I have done it before with sizing reference and bought Loake a month after i made the inquiry about sizing from them.

19. alexSF

alexSF Well-Known Member

24 and 26 are shorter than other loake lasts, so it's more likely that your size is Uk 6 and not UK 7 on the 1639 last.

20. Munky

Munky Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that Pediwear has a messenger service at the bottom of it's home page. Be on the page at the right time and you can 'chat' to a member of the staff. I found them to be both helpful and knowledgeable and seem to know a lot about Loake's shoes (which they sell alongside many other well known brands.