• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

humphery

Reaction score
Thanks humphery for fast response,
Maybe I should try 8F Eton, but regarding current pair in size 7.5F there is no chance they will fit me. I've forgotten to said that in the right shoe I can't even slightly straighten my toes. Are your sure there is no difference between 019 and 025? It's strange, in such case why they have different names (numbers)?
'cause 019 and 025 are different lasts( first row of the pict below). Just that both your Eton and my Embankment are loafers, so I supposed Loake did that "auto size down" thing for both....

Last edited:

Biberach

Reaction score
The Aldwych arrived last week. As they are intended to be used as working shoes in inclement weather (there used to be lots of snow here, though not this winter) I had them topy-ed at a local cobbler (who is also a really good shoemaker). It costs me 20 euro, and the result is here. I couldn't be more satisfied.

I just couldn't help buying a second pair at this price.. Savoy in Mahogany, sorry for the inaccurate color due to the poor light condition.

And I'm really glad that the same size Mayfair last fits me quite well.

BillP

Reaction score
I just couldn't help buying a second pair at this price.. Savoy in Mahogany, sorry for the inaccurate color due to the poor light condition.

And I'm really glad that the same size Mayfair last fits me quite well.

Very nice Biberach!

BillP

Reaction score
Not yet. They should be ready Tuesday.

M McB

Reaction score
I have finally ordered my first pair of Loakes!

Ordered the Victor in tan from A Hume, I've ordered other products from them before and always received great service.

Carson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am relatively new here, and I am considering my first pair of Loake boots. I normally go for Tricker's, but I am looking for a black calf cap-toe boot, and I'd have to go MTO with Tricker's which is way too much $$ for a calf boot.

I am looking at two different boots that have some similarities, but are built on two different lasts, neither of which I have any experience with.

1. Is the Loake 1880 Dovedale boot in black calf on a 024 last

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/6327.php

2. Is the Loake 1880 Hyde boot in black calf on a capital last

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/6341.php

I normally wear a 8.5UK in a Tricker's 4497 last

The idea is mainly for business casual wearing, but with the possibility of dressing it up/down as wanted/needed.

Happy to have discovered the Loake 1880 line which seems like great quality for price point

Thanks in advance for thoughts and opinions….

BillP

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am relatively new here, and I am considering my first pair of Loake boots. I normally go for Tricker's, but I am looking for a black calf cap-toe boot, and I'd have to go MTO with Tricker's which is way too much $$ for a calf boot.

I am looking at two different boots that have some similarities, but are built on two different lasts, neither of which I have any experience with.

1. Is the Loake 1880 Dovedale boot in black calf on a 024 last

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/6327.php

2. Is the Loake 1880 Hyde boot in black calf on a capital last

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/6341.php

I normally wear a 8.5UK in a Tricker's 4497 last

The idea is mainly for business casual wearing, but with the possibility of dressing it up/down as wanted/needed.

Happy to have discovered the Loake 1880 line which seems like great quality for price point

Thanks in advance for thoughts and opinions….

Hi Carson,

I ordered my first pair of Loakes from Pediwear also. I asked lots of questions and they we're really helpful. Highly recommend you ask them also. I have my new Loakes Stand in burgundy on today. Wonderful shoe and fit!

All Tatters

Reaction score

Hi Carson,

I ordered my first pair of Loakes from Pediwear also.  I asked lots of questions and they we're really helpful.  Highly recommend you ask them also.  I have my new Loakes Stand in burgundy on today.  Wonderful shoe and fit!

Is it true that Pediwear makes you member of so-called Loake shoe club after purchasing, entitling you to (limited) discounts?

Last edited:

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score

Hi - I've just posted a (somewhat Loake-centric!) website on shoes, shoemaking and etc. I've created it just for my enjoyment and interest ... and yours. Please have a look at it and comment on it either as a post here or via the contact form on the site. I'm especially keen to have others try out the size and fitting calculator and then let me know how well it works. The site is here http://www.alanmurray.org.uk/shoemaking/ Best wishes
Thanks for your excellent site, it is very readable and informative. Bookmarked :)

Last edited:

AlanFM

Reaction score
You are very welcome, Chuckie Egg. I don't want anything from the site other than the pleasure of others' enjoyment - so thanks for the good feedback and please tell your friends! Alan.

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score
Thanks Alan, it's a really informative and useful site. Haven't finished reading it all yet! I do think Loake 1880 are underrated and I think they are hard to beat for quality to price ratio. I wear my Loake Edward more than any other shoes. It's so comfy and the tan burnishes really nicely. :)

AlanFM

Reaction score
Agreed re Loake - I have (probably too many!) pairs of Loakes and it's hard to think of a favourite. I was also reinforced in my Loakephilia by winning a "Superfan" tour of the Loake workshops in Kettering. You'll find references and a link to that on my web pages or directly on http://www.loake.co.uk/blog/?p=589. They really are very nice people who care a great deal about their product and heritage.
Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added to the site, as I enjoy both doing the research and putting the words and pictures together. If you have time to check your foot size and fit against the chart and calculator on my web pages, please let me know if it gets your Edwards right(!). That would be especially helpful.

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score
I've actually had my foot measured on a brannock so I know what it should be. I'll give your calculator a go to see if it matches up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads