1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. muddy250

muddy250 Well-Known Member

I've never found anything before either so I grabbed them quickly! I look for things like tootal scarves but never spot one. They always say go to charity shops where the rich live tho eh! Harrogate must be teeming with hand me down Lobbs, must drive up there. Hope you nab your pair! :)

Quick shot of new to me cheapest ever pair of gy welt clogs, I cut the lawn wearing them, swept out the shed and the dirt just wiped right off :)

[​IMG]

on another note and back on topic, I had a go at the toes of the Chesters today. I must stop this ...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. muddy250

Yep, very pleased with them. They'll do nicely at that. :)

3. vim147

vim147 Member

Which polish/wax do you use on the Chesters ? i need to do mine.

4. muddy250

Neutral Saphir pate de luxe and water.

5. Munky

Munky Well-Known Member

Muddy, you certainly know a thing or two about polishing shoes! Those are wonderful! Yours, Munky. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. muddy250

Thanks Munky, only picked this up over the last few months thru practice and trial and error but now I understand what's happening while I look at the wax going on and what to do to react to it and make it glaze properly. I wasn't using enough wax previously and way too little water. Wax on over a little water and then quite a lot of water with a very little wax and a light fast action does the trick. Once you see the grain filled you've cracked it. Then you can just sit there zen like and build up depth until it looks like glass. It's too much really but while I'm getting the hang of it I'll polish the hell out of of them :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Munky

Munky Well-Known Member

I think I might just give this a try! Sincerely, Munky