• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

JDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrington
Never had that problem with my pair.

ok, I figured out what happened. I bought the ranger mocs from the regular LL Bean line and not the Signature line. they do have a different sole and different laces according to the pics from the two websites. also, it's hard to tell but the Signature version might even be a little sleeker, which I like (could be the same though). so I guess I'm going to return the ones I bought and try the Signature ones which probably aren't on sale.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i own the waxed canvas bean boot ... i wear them all the time in the DC city whenever it rains and its fine.

are you asking whether they are practical in sub 50 as in cold weather with snow or are you asking for above 50 when its really hot and just wet out?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waxed boots are fine up till about 70 deg; just don't wear thick socks. Of course I bought them so I COULD wear thick socks, so my feet slop around a bit.

I will say that even tho I love the look of the waxed bb's, the leather ones are much more functional because the leather gives form and support. The waxed ones are essentially the slip on's with a waxed cotton gaiter. Once mine wear out I'm going back to leather, hopefully the black ones will still be available.

Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Anyone own the Canvas bean boot or the Bison Bean Boot? Also how practical are these in temperatures above 50? Opinions also welcomed on the workboots.

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505905

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505905

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/52279?from=SR&feat=sr

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could one wear the leather one's in 60-70 degree weather while being comfortable?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could one wear the leather one's in 60-70 degree weather while being comfortable?

Depends on how much your feet sweat. Mine don't. If yours do, no.

sheldeezy

Reaction score
Guess I'll pass.

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...n-bag&subrnd=1

Anyone cop this piece?

I got the bag couple weeks ago. Excellent quality, beautiful leather which seems like it will age well. Color is exactly as shown on website. I paid $180 after the 20%off coupon. I am very pleased and would've felt the same had i spent $225. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to see some pics. Also what do you use it for?

poena

Reaction score
I got the waxed boots last week. mine are snug with thick socks and just a little loose with normal socks.

wore them in the rain yesterday here around DC with temps in the 40-50. kept my feet dry and warm and i just wore medium thickness socks.

AndyMcL

Reaction score
Anyone try their flannels? The Belfast flannel looks pretty tempting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics