1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Little disappointed with steven alan shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Aug 16, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

I'm glad I ordered this weekend before the spot was blown up. [​IMG] I meant to post after I received my confirmation (should be getting my order in tomorrow) but I completely forgot.

2. raley

raley Well-Known Member

Those are some seriously bad pictures on standard style. None of them fit the models and it looks like they took them out of the box and put them on without even a half-assed attempt at an iron. It is making it really hard for me to spend even 50$ on one when they look that bad in the pictures.

DDML - what size neck do you / the shirts have?

3. blank

blank Well-Known Member

We sould change the thread title to just Steven Alan shirts since the discussion has become more than just dissapointment.

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Can we change the title to "Disappointed I missed Steven Alan shirts on sale for $47.50"?

[​IMG]

5. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Mine just shipped. Sweet.

6. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

Just got my 3 in the mail.. a mostly navy blue with very fine horizontal black stripes.. a pink with fine vertical white stripes, and a black mini-plaid. I like them all, very good buys.

7. Homme

Homme Well-Known Member

I landed this one this morning for $35 shipped (to Sydney). Poor bastard spelt it "Steven Alen". God bless ebay typos.

8. blank

blank Well-Known Member

My gingham came in today. The material is really nice, it's very soft, and the fit is pretty nice. I'm going to try to get is slimmed just a little, which might be complicated with the reverse seam, but otherwise, awesome shirt.

9. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Scored one more in a medium. Navy.

Debating bringing one to a tailor. It could get slimmer but fits comfortably now. Anyone had a reverse seam shirt tailored?

These are great at $50, but I can't see any way to justify them at $158.

10. robin

robin Well-Known Member

These are great at $50, but I can't see any way to justify them at $158.
    I just got mine today and I agree. Other than the MOP buttons, they appear to be at about the same level as my J.Crew fitted washed shirts. The reverse seams on these are a bit weird to me, but are not a deal breaker - I couldn't imagine them being any trouble for a tailor though, as they're still just regular shirt seams.

11. blank

blank Well-Known Member

That's reassuring. My order yesterday got cancelled [​IMG] No stock. But I was given a 20% coupon. Standardstyle has their act together, I'd say. I like the twisted placket.