1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Listen up, and listen well

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LA Guy, May 4, 2006.

1. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

The thing I like best about you, LabelKing, is that your posts sometimes makes me feel that StyleForum is an real time, interactive version of Pale Fire.
    Labelkinbote or Botkin?

Does that make the obvious Graydus (Jacques de Grayson)?

And who is John Shade? FNB?

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Labelkinbote or Botkin?
    When it concerns baseless and insulting remarks about homosexuality, abortion, castration, and other tactlessly tasteless comments revolving around sexuality, it goes, as they might say, beyond the pale. I suppose this is the type of reaction that Heidegger received when he talked about peasant shoes.

3. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

baseless and insulting remarks about homosexuality, abortion, castration, and other tactlessly tasteless comments revolving around sexuality,
    Not a Tennessee Williams fan? Suddenly Last Labelking...

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Not a Tennessee Williams fan? Suddenly Last Labelking...
    Not when it doesn't have much of an aesthetic context. But where's the cannibalism? It surprises me that Williams's texts were never heavily censored when you have things like Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" heavily censored. Besides, I hear the troll doesn't smoke, especially with a holder.

5. drake

drake Well-Known Member

What did you do to prompt said actions?

Not when you have proof and you know what you did that prompted such actions.

6. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

What did you do to prompt said actions?

And if you have proof, why not just "out" the troll.