1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

List of Bare Necessities

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

Goddamit. I definitely won't miss this next year. Do you basically have to get season tix in order to get tix or the opener?

2. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

This thread has kind of been done before. Very recently. I guess your thread asks for an even more trimmed down list

http://www.styleforum.net/t/309783/...ollowing-things-you-are-not-well-dressed/0_30

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that list is a bit too comprehensive to be "bare necessities" for the OP's target audience.

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

This thread has been magically edited. Somehow, the creation date of this thread was morphed to 3 days ago. I posted the above comment at least a week and a half ago, and "Rich0116's" comment was completely different. He (someone) made a snarky comment, insulting me for no reason about my suggestion, and I tore him a new one in a response message. Maybe it was another user, but either way, both of those messages have mysteriously disappeared, and the dates have magically changed...interesting. I see that "Big Brother" is indeed watching. If I'm banned all of a sudden, then you know why.

My reason is simple; the thread is titled "List of Bare Necessities," so I eliminated what wasn't a bare necessity. Whether you're "Anti-Brooks" or "Butt-Buddies with Brooks," a navy blazer is still the same. I'm sticking with my answer. If you want one, then buy it, but it's not a "bare necessity."

5. Claghorn

There are some comments about it in the transparent moderation thread. The moderator who did the editing came to your defense in the discussion.

6. VinnyMac

Where's this?

EDIT:

So, it was "InStitches" who made the original comment, and then he/she tried to sandbag me to the mod's when I retaliated...classy.

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

I just ordered them online, albeit some months in advance. I was up on the third level with the other plebs. I suspect the trophy wives were all seated in the luxury box level.

8. Claghorn

I don't think he was trying to "sandbag" you. He thought you were another poster from a while back and he was just asking them to check. He was also curious as to why the posts were edited, and as the posts in question involved an altercation between you two, you came up as well. institches even cops to starting it.

My point was that people aren't out to get you here anymore than anybody is out to get anybody else on any other forum. The mods here seem pretty fair (the one whom you accused of being Big Brother had your back against a respected community member), and that transparent moderation thread is a testament to their desire to keep this forum on the level.

In the end, all I'm saying is you should probably just let this thing drop. [​IMG]

9. VinnyMac

I didn't see all of the back story that you mentioned in your post, but as far as I'm concerned, it's dropped. I just thought that it was curious that everything was gone or edited. The mod's are a-ok with me.

1 person likes this.
  10. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Lawlz. "Sandbag"? :lol:

11. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

The OP mentions that thread specifically and discusses how and why this list is different.

Now that we've got this all straightened out, let's redirect any further discussion (be it critical or funny or whatever) to the transparent moderation thread so this one doesn't get too off-topic.

12. HughJ

HughJ Well-Known Member

It's funny how much your career field influences your perspective in this example. As someone who works in IT, when my director did this at our last conference, I assumed that he just didn't know any better. He was still dressed leagues above most of the others in the room, which included a man pushing 50 wearing a pair of shorts that nearly reached his ankles.

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member