• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lincoln Park food/shopping

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for interesting food in Lincoln park... place for lunch, then maybe a bakery...

any oddities or interesting things. Not looking for fine dining, because I don't think anywhere is open for lunch.

Also any cool stores I should check out?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Moved to social life even though I can't answer this questoin.

ya wtf am I marsupialed

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Some little breakfast place in the community center in that main loop. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I don't know how many Lincoln Park there are in the US, but the one I went was in Chicago.

When I was over there, I went to shop at Rugby and Barney's Co-Op. I also saw Club Monarco store nearby one of those stores as well.

I also heard even though I have never been that Marc by Marc Jacobs store is really nice.

Enjoy your time in Chi-town, I miss it there greatly.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Looking for interesting food in Lincoln park... place for lunch, then maybe a bakery...

any oddities or interesting things. Not looking for fine dining, because I don't think anywhere is open for lunch.

Also any cool stores I should check out?

My old hood, although I still live pretty close.

- Bourgeois Pig Cafe (on Fullerton near the Halsted/Lincoln intersection) has amazing sandwiches and a nice area to sit outside. It was featured on Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels back in the day.

- Taco Joint is a new place right at Halsted & Armitage and is owned by the same people who own Zocalo in the west loop. Tacos are pretty good and the guacamole is amazing. Good margaritas too. Overall a nice place, yet still pretty casual.

- Duke's on Clark near Wrightwood has really good burgers. In fact, they have a burger menu. Nothing really special outside of the burgers though.

- The Pasta Bowl on Clark just north of Fullerton has pretty good pasta and is a nice casual sit-down place.

- I've heard Molly's Cupcakes is a really good bakery, but I'm not big into sweets.

- There are a ton of pizza, thai, and sushi places too. Too many to name.

In terms of stores...nothing really comes to my head. Lincoln Park has the typical Akira and Untitled stores, but those are mostly full of crap. As someone said above, they do have a Club Monaco and a Barney's right at Halsted & Webster intersection. There are a lot of boutique stores along Armitage and Halsted and farther west on Armitage.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Some little breakfast place in the community center in that main loop. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I believe it's called Toast.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Molly's is great if you're into the cupcake thing. Very original flavors and they're usually moist and delicious.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
Molly's is great if you're into the cupcake thing. Very original flavors and they're usually moist and delicious.
Perfect for SField. Do you know if they have a truffle oil flavored cupcake?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe it's called Toast.
Toast has a location on Damen and one on Halsted, don't know of one in the Loop I like it for breakfast. Dinkel's Bakery on Lincoln Ave. Specialty is Stollen Lot of good places on Division or Chicago Ave. west of the kennedy, Wicker Park, not LP

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I said loop not Loop.

Oh, you meant loop not Loop. What loop?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads