1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Lightweight Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tck13, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Any suggestion for lightweight denim for summer? I've never bought lightweight denim before. Any suggestions? I think Earnest Sewn makes some but not sure.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Any suggestion for lightweight denim for summer? I've never bought lightweight denim before. Any suggestions? I think Earnest Sewn makes some but not sure.

Not a huge fan (of lightweight denim in general), but Rag & Bone, Rogan, and Engineered Garments all make lightweight denim. Rogans are not that durable, nor are Earnest Sewns, ime, but Rag & Bone and Engineered Garments are quite; and non-selvage Nudies are pretty lightweightweight as well. All these jeans use denim well under 12 ounces (usually in the 10-11 ounce weight). I would say that non-selvedge Nudies (excluding the greycasts, which are heavier) use the tightest woven denim of the companies I've suggested.

3. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    what's your price range. You might want to go with a 10 oz AG( $145.00) or the jeans mentioned above.
    Evisu makes a good light weight denim I believe it's 10oz. and the look great but damn are they expensive.

4. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

what's your price range. You might want to go with a 10 oz AG( $145.00) or the jeans mentioned above.
    Evisu makes a good light weight denim I believe it's 10oz. and the look great but damn are they expensive.

I wouldn't mind spending $150 for lightweight denim, but now that I think about it, I could probably just get regular denim for the same price and wear them all year round.

Is there that big of a difference between lightweight and reg. denim? Is it worth it?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I wouldn't mind spending $150 for lightweight denim, but now that I think about it, I could probably just get regular denim for the same price and wear them all year round.

Is there that big of a difference between lightweight and reg. denim? Is it worth it?

The difference really depends how sensitive to heat you are and the climate you live in. If you live in, say, Vietnam, and wear 21 ounce Ironhearts in mid-summer, I'd say that you must have ice water running through your veins

6. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

The difference really depends how sensitive to heat you are and the climate you live in. If you live in, say, Vietnam, and wear 21 ounce Ironhearts in mid-summer, I'd say that you must have ice water running through your veins

Nope, Pennsylvania. Plus, I would probably be wearing them at night.

7. minya

minya Well-Known Member

If you have a shitload of money to burn and want some seriously lightweight denim, 45RPM's BC4000 jeans are 9oz.

8. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

I'd imagine lightweight denim makes for better strip club attire, if you're into that sort of thing [​IMG]

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

There's no sex in the champagne room.

But there is 9oz denim.

10. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

Diesel makes some lightweight denim jeans.