1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Light brown belt on matching denim outfit?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by misterjojo, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterjojo

misterjojo New Member

Hey guys, so recently I got this light brown belt to wear on my matching denim shirt and pants. Is it any good or should I get another one?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S: My boots are the same color as my belt.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

It is a very high contrast look, and definitely works with all denim outfit

If you want to get a darker belt for a lower contrast look, that would work as well. You can never have enough belts (imo, I have about 60 of them.)

3. misterjojo

misterjojo New Member

Hey man thanks for the input. I was afraid I would like a circus clown with that belt and get laughed at! cause as you said its very high in contrast. But then again I was going for a belt that matched my boots. Could I have gotten away with a slightly darker brown belt while my boots are light brown?

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

If there is significant contrast in the textures, e g. the boots are nubuck or suede, you be fine for sure. Otherwise, high contrast is probably the safer bet.

5. misterjojo

misterjojo New Member

I guess im gonna stick with my current belt then.Thanks again bud.
    Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.