1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Levis 513

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sizzle, Jul 20, 2011.

your thoughts on 513

1. aite

36 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. wack

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. get apczzzz

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. sizzle

sizzle Member

2. themlgoutlaw

themlgoutlaw New Member

I don't get it. So it's basically a hybrid of the 501 cut (higher waist) meet's a fit somewhere in between the 511 and 514?
    If so i'll probably get because 511 makes me look gay, but the 514's just make me look like a college frat bro. no offence, just sayin.

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

521 and 513's are two new cuts appearing everywhere.

WTF!

4. 68stang

68stang Well-Known Member

Anyone seen these in person? I would like to find an inexpensive slim 501. I need to just have 501's tapered but maybe this will fill that void?

5. Curious_George

Curious_George Well-Known Member

The 511 has never worked for me because of the low rise and the 501 is nice but could benefit from more of a taper. So I guess this cut has me interested if it isn't just a variation on the 514.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  6. TheDroog

TheDroog Well-Known Member

Next time I see the 513 in person, I'll definitely try it out. For me the 511 is too skinny and low-rise, the 514 is too low rise, and the 501 is too baggy. The description of the 513 has potential. Sounds kind of like the Gap Authentic fit, which has unfortunately been phased out. But the 513 isn't even on the Levi's site, so I wonder if it's an UO exclusive.

7. DrBassie

DrBassie Well-Known Member

I just ordered a pair. I hope it fits the bill.

8. 68stang

I tried these on last week and they fit pretty nice. I still wish the rise was longer but the leg had a nice taper without looking like a complete skinny Jean. I have a friend discount card for urban so might pick them up for $35 with a current 40% off friends and family promo. I will try to post fit pictures if I get them. The best fitting denim I have tried on was Left Field slim straight due to the 501 style rise and slim tapered leg. These are like a medium rise cheap denim version.

Also, these as well as another new fit calle the slim taper are on levi's website now. I am suprised nobody has said much about these yet.

9. DrBassie

That ankle hem is way too narrow for me. I like these (or the description) because they thigh and seat can fit my athletic butt and thighs, but keep the trim look down the leg.

10. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

I wonder if these suffer from the 511 diaper ass phenomenon?

11. DrBassie

I received the jeans yesterday and they are as described. They're exactly what I was expecting.

12. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Zip or button fly?

13. graphicd

graphicd Member

Do you mind sharing the 40% off F&F code?

14. Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby Well-Known Member

Button flies do suck.... zip or button?

15. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Nah, button fly is way better. Zippers are terrible.

16. 68stang

It's not a code for 40% but rather a card I have that is tied to an employee. My friend is a manager and put me down as his one person to receive a card and discount. I don't shop at UO much but it will come in handy if I need levi's or to buy my fiancé stuff from Anthropologie.

17. Big Pun

So I purchased the 521 slim tapered as beater jeans (lol). Ehh. I want to like levi's, (classic durable jeans at a good price) but none of their 10,000 cuts work on me. The fit was too baggy at the knees, then did this weird thing where the last few inches were tapered, so the hem was awkwardly small while the calves were baggy. May rehop on the Dior train.

18. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

How much did you size down? I went down 2 from my normal tagged size and they were a true slim jean

19. Big Pun

Went TTS, I have wide hips or something cuz I lack body fat but most jeans are too tight in the waist otherwise. So I usually size up on the skinniest cuts. Guess that explains it.

20. 68stang

I went to UO today with the intension of getting the 513 in the dark neppy denim but they didn't have any 31's in stock and no surrounding stores had them. I purchased the Standard Cloth brand dark slim straight jeans that fit almost identical to the 513. I have a discount employee card from my friend that is a manager and it was tax free weekend. I paid $65 or so for the jeans and an obey chambray shirt which fit very well. The shirt was $23 down from $80+

These should hold me over until I can snag some Left Field slim straight cone mills denim.