1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Levis 501 new fit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by intelintel37, Nov 19, 2008.

1. GahDuma

GahDuma Active Member

Is it a good idea to get STF and NOT shrink them at all? If I don't shrink them, will they be more baggy in the thigh and leg than if I sized up and shrank them?

What I was planning to do was just wear them ~6 months without washing them, and then when they need a wash just stop wearing them. The reason is because I really like the raw denim sheen. I just don't know if they're cut to fit correctly pre-shrunk.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

shit, that khaki is nice. Anyone want to proxy me a pair?

3. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Well-Known Member

is the fit of the new 501s similar to APC ns?

4. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Well-Known Member

is the fit of the new 501s similar to APC ns?
    now not really, the upper half is somewhat loser then the ns, while the bottom half is somewhat similar (little looser)

5. bichimpaid

bichimpaid Member

ditto on the proxy, i need those khaki stf's, havent been able to find them online at all.

6. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Well-Known Member

7. bichimpaid

bichimpaid Member

8. ben65

ben65 Member

hmmm, good question, can someone confirm?
    http://www.gandlclothing.com/m5_view...l?m5:item=501C the seller on amazon offering desert khaki 501 is G&L clothing. above link is their official website. you can try use their online live support chat when they are on or email them to confirm. dont think is STF 501 since their website never stated.

9. jessetk313

jessetk313 Well-Known Member

Yea the khaki looks really nice. Can the person who posted the photos please tell where to get them?

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I was in urban today and they had two pairs of the 501 for $19.99 on sale. One was size 30 (I wear 28 NS), the waist fit fine but the rest was baggy.

11. chentwoten

chentwoten Member

Hello guys, thanks for the positive comments.

I picked up the khaki 501 STF's from Macy's in San Francisco for 34.99+tax during the holiday sale when i went shopping in the city. I do not know anywhere else to get them, or if other Macy's are even carrying them (Macy's SF is pretty large and has an extensive selection of levi's..). Hope this helps you guys..

12. bichimpaid

bichimpaid Member

Hello guys, thanks for the positive comments.

I picked up the khaki 501 STF's from Macy's in San Francisco for 34.99+tax during the holiday sale when i went shopping in the city. I do not know anywhere else to get them, or if other Macy's are even carrying them (Macy's SF is pretty large and has an extensive selection of levi's..). Hope this helps you guys..

do you know the color of the denim though?

13. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I wanna order these online. If I wear the 514 in 32-30 and they fit tight, what size should I buy the 501's in? I've never shrunk jeans before (Im not sure about how that works) .

I really like the look Sayocean has with his 501's.

Any advice? Do you buy what size you normally wear in other Levi's?

14. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I wanna order these online. If I wear the 514 in 32-30 and they fit tight, what size should I buy the 501's in? I've never shrunk jeans before (Im not sure about how that works) .

I went pretty much "by the (Levis) book" when I bought my STFs. 1 inch up in the waist and the three in the length. The length, I actually went up to a 36 from a 32 because at a three inch potential shrinkage, I didn't want 34s to end up being too short after they shrunk. They are a little long, or longer than usual, but ended up okay.

15. BOF

BOF Well-Known Member

I'd definitely recommend trying on the STFs before you buy them. From the STF contest at mynudies, we've seen that a single size can have swings of 3" in the actual waist size for a tagged size.

16. sayocean

sayocean Well-Known Member

for reference, this is what I wear in levis.

511 soft rigid 29x32
    511 eco "blue flame" 29x32
    511 twill Navy pants 30x32
    LVC 1947 501XX STF 29x34
    LVC 1967 606 Super slims 29x32

and for the regular macy's 501 STF, I went with 29x30. BOF is right, you should really try these on before buying. Pre-soak, I wore it "as meant" to be worn, ie high waisted. It was almost perfect, very very slight tightness when I closed the top button. Everywhere else, it was baggier than what I was used to. Post soak, the waist was def tighter, but I was still able to close the button and feels like it stretched some since. Fit is much better now, and fits very similar to my LVCs 501s.

Keep in mind, the 501 is a higher waisted jean vs your 514s which might be mid rise. Best advice is try it on, and find the size that fits almost perfect/slight tight when worn high waisted with the top button closed. Hope this helps

17. jakejake

jakejake Well-Known Member

Question: I tried the new 501 cut, and everywhere fit great except the rise (? the crotch area) is high for me which is uncomfortable. Is there as similar cut in Levi (or other brands) but has a lower rise (longer) that I should look into?

18. sayocean

sayocean Well-Known Member

RRL straight fits? Thats what i'd suggest

19. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

rrl low straight

20. jakejake

jakejake Well-Known Member

I have the RRL straight cut and love them. Does Levi have a similar cut to the RRL straight? What some other brands should I look at?