1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Levis 501 new fit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by intelintel37, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

okay I'm a little drunk: how do we size these babies? I wear 32 waist. I'm 5'11'' tall. what size do I order?
    Levis standard advice on 501 STF ($35-45 STF, NOT LVC mind you) is size up 1 in the waist and 2 in the inseam. I have 2 pair of 501 STF and I am the same size and height as you and my advice would be do a 32 waist if you want them just slightly slimmer than a 501. Inseam is your call. If you want stacking or to cuff them, go up 3-4 inches in the inseam. If not, go up the standard 2 inches. I wear them stacked and I get a 32/34 in STF and a 33/34 in LVC STF. My "Normal" size on jeans with little to no stacking is a 32/30.

2. changed

changed Well-Known Member

no its STFU

lol umad?

3. changed

think I'll go 32-33.

I started with a pair of Nudies... wore those literally everyday for 5 months and didn't see any fucking results. Hoping these Levis are better. Based on those earlier pics, they should be.

4. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

^ All depends on how hard you wear them, denim quality is secondary. My 501s (LVCs, mind you) are about as old as sayocean's and don't look half as good, because all I do is go to and from class and sit on my ass all day.

5. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

why do you size up? [​IMG]

is it stretch to fit?!

Jesus fucking christ. Did you drink yourself retarded?

6. sayocean

sayocean Well-Known Member

lol umad?

lol nah, im not mad, but you got kinda annoying with that whole "stretch to fit" retardism. But maybe come back when you're not riding the short bus in the morning?

7. changed

Jesus fucking christ. Did you drink yourself retarded?

pretty much. umad?

8. changed

lol nah, im not mad, but you got kinda annoying with that whole "stretch to fit" retardism. But maybe come back when you're not riding the short bus in the morning?

1 post is enough to piss you off? You're pretty touchy, huh?

9. sayocean

1 post is enough to piss you off? You're pretty touchy, huh?

nah, im chill.

10. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

Yoshimi just let the pink robot step on her to end the pain that is this "conversation"

11. sayocean

12. changed

13. changed

thanks for the help anyway... will be shopping these bitches tomorrow morning when I can accurately type my credit card #

14. sayocean

waiting til you sober up is a good plan. good luck anyway, you should actually hit up Macys so you can try these on before you buy

15. changed

ahh Macys has them? going to the outlet mall tomorrow to get a few essentials... Will check out.

16. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

ahh Macys has them? going to the outlet mall tomorrow to get a few essentials... Will check out.
    A. Macy's has outlets in outlet malls? If they do I wouldn't hold my breath for them to stock STF. 2. Not all REGULAR Macy's have STF. III. Sears has them.

17. allcapitan

allcapitan Well-Known Member

Actually Levi's claims the inseam will shrink 3 to 4". In my experience, the inseam will not shrink that much after a first hot soak. 2" is more likely. If you wash it ten more times then yeah, perhaps it will shrink a bit more.

Levis standard advice on 501 STF ($35-45 STF, NOT LVC mind you) is size up 1 in the waist and 2 in the inseam.

I have 2 pair of 501 STF and I am the same size and height as you and my advice would be do a 32 waist if you want them just slightly slimmer than a 501.

Inseam is your call. If you want stacking or to cuff them, go up 3-4 inches in the inseam. If not, go up the standard 2 inches.

I wear them stacked and I get a 32/34 in STF and a 33/34 in LVC STF. My "Normal" size on jeans with little to no stacking is a 32/30.

18. Mazda

Mazda Well-Known Member

Actually Levi's claims the inseam will shrink 3 to 4". In my experience, the inseam will not shrink that much after a first hot soak. 2" is more likely. If you wash it ten more times then yeah, perhaps it will shrink a bit more.
    Regular Levi's STF LABELS say 2" for waists under "beached whale" size and 3" inseam My first pair shrunk 1.5 inches with a 2 hour HOT soak. My current pair shrunk a hair more with 1.5 hour soak, hang dry and additional .5 soak. 2 Inches is about as much as you are going to get.

19. migel

migel Active Member

Say I hot soaked my 501s for about an hour and they didn't shrink as much as I would have liked. (Waist fits fine.) Can I hot soak them bitches for another hour and get any more shrinkage? Or is this an exercise in futility?

20. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

^ Won't shrink much more.