1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Levi Selvedge Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by halisray, Feb 25, 2012.

1. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

Anyone had any experience? They have 4 cuts of selvedge.

I just bought the Calder cut, 16oz denim. I actually think these are better made than my APC NS's.

Who else has these jeans?

2. autumndreams

autumndreams Well-Known Member

I've been wanting one of their Made in the USA selvedge 511's for a while now.

I saw some non-usa made selvedge 513's in the levis store yesterday: it felt like a solid, mid-weight fabric. They were very stiff and starchy, and had a wonderful sheen to them. Overall they seemed like a good deal for $118 retail.

3. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

Well I found these Calders, a tapered cut. Supposedly made with old fashioned looms in Japan, 16oz denim. They look and feel like quality for $148.