• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Have you ever visited House of Coffee Beans in Rice Village?

I'd only heard of it from the last time you'd mentioned it, and since then all hell broke loose. Perhaps this weekend I can get down there, or maybe a long Friday lunch if I'm getting the thousand-yard stare again.

KPO89

Reaction score
I've been trying out some of the Green Mountain Coffee out of VT. Signature French Roast is very rich and full....light on the acidic....something that is hard to get out of Starbucks bolder coffees. I believe they have some coffees in organic as well...would like to try those. Overall I would recommend it.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The coffee here in Austria is quite good...the one in Spain is very good (due to their connection with South America etc., I guess?) but the strange thing is that although the coffee in the US mostly ****************...like brown coloured water, you only have to go a few steps over the Mexican border and there it tastes great...complete human madness!

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
crap, the grinder did not arrive. can i use my cuisinart hand blender to grind the coffee?
You mean an immersion blender? I wouldn't try it.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guatemalan

Cream and sugar

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I buy beans from the local grocery but I'm not particular about the brand or level of boldness. I grind them and set the coffee pot at bedtime, then awake in the morning to the wonderful aroma of freshly brewed coffee. I drink it black, two cups max.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
crap, the grinder did not arrive. can i use my cuisinart hand blender to grind the coffee?

If you do that to the stumptown, baby jesus will shed a tear.

Did you bring it back from Portland or order it online from them?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Illy espresso is my choice, but at work I've got Lavazza oro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Home roasted espresso blends pulled on an Expobar e61 heat exchanger and ground on a macap stepless doseless.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been itching to try some of that Kona blend from a local joint @ 50.00/lb, but somehow always end up with what's on sale @ Gloria's Beans
frown.gif

CyanideDragon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I've dialed it back to avoid having to make a separate batch for Mrs. T.

Starbucks French Roast, usually, with a little cream and sugar.

If I have time, I like the Pikes Roast @ Starbucks. Black w/ splenda. Every once in a while, I have them drop a shot of espresso if I'm feeling slower than normal.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like espresso with sugar usually. I do drink regular coffee too, and for that I like the medium roasts from Colombia. Either with sugar, or with milk.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Just had a cup of Guatemalan, beans from a local SF roaster. Dark and smooth just the way I like it. Black or a splash of cream. French Press.

Im way too lazy to grind in the morning because I can barely keep my eyes open while rushing out the house, so I buy my beans coarse grounded for express convenience. Can anyone recommend a good quick cheap grinder for coarse coffee for a French Press?!

San Francisco has some awesome coffee:

Blue Bottle (Best coffee in SF, in my opinion)
Ritual
Four Barrel (Awesome store buildout/setup)
Trouble Coffee
Sightglass (New and similar to Blue Bottle, but they are building a huge roastery next door)
Philz
etc.

I was just in Seattle and had Stumptown, awesome cup. Plan to ordering some for home brewing.

I want to try Intelligentsia.

I love coffee, but sometimes the attitude behind it is kind of annoying. I still love grabbing a good cup at Peets.

brandall10

Reaction score
I'm surprised by the lack of espresso from boutique roasters here... I saw Illy mentioned (big Italian roaster), which I tried from a recommendation from my gf, a former barista for 4 years - got a sealed can that was over 6 mos old, broken bitter beans... okay in mochas but that's it. My fav "value" bean is Counter Culture's Espresso Toscano http://www.counterculturecoffee.com/coffee/espresso

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads