1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Let's see your weight loss

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by TeeKay, Sep 10, 2010.

1. landoeffincalrissian

landoeffincalrissian Well-Known Member

Your life, not ours.

I've seen 12 year olds bust out 8 one armed chins. Walk in to any climbing or gymnast gym and you'll find plenty of 12yr olds who can bust of 20+ pull-ups, planches levers etc. Your stats above say your 'in shape' not strong.

And no, lifting heavy does not make you slow.

I hate responding to trolls. [​IMG]

haha...not strong?

hahahahhahahaha

2. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Well-Known Member

3. landoeffincalrissian

You are 140lbs.
    The ignorance is strong with this one. You could be my weight and probably couldn't do half the amount of push ups and pull ups I can do. You sound like a typical jealous fat/out of shape guy.

4. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

This subforum is my favorite sometimes.

5. rjmaiorano

The ignorance is strong with this one.

You could be my weight and probably couldn't do half the amount of push ups and pull ups I can do.

You sound like a typical jealous fat/out of shape guy.

This is true, you know nothing about me.

6. Kajak

Kajak Well-Known Member

The ignorance is strong with this one.

You could be my weight and probably couldn't do half the amount of push ups and pull ups I can do.

You sound like a typical jealous fat/out of shape guy.

What if he could overhead press you...
    While you did pushups?

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

I was originally going to give Lando the benefit of the doubt... but now after all this back and forth I think he's just an internet Bro trying to compensate for something...

8. rjmaiorano

I was originally going to give Lando the benefit of the doubt... but now after all this back and forth I think he's just an internet Bro trying to compensate for something...

His first post had some splattering of logic in it. And all in all he very well could have lost weight that way. But hombre is [​IMG]

9. landoeffincalrissian

Nobody has disproven any of the claims in my first post.

tic toc tic toc

And before you use the whole "well, a calorie is a calorie" argument, that is simply untrue. 50 calories of Vegetables and 50 calories worth of sugar filled donuts are very different.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

Lifting heavy makes one slow... WTFO? Ever seen olympic weightlifters 'brah'? And no, I wouldn't consider your calisthenics benchmarks as being strong - above average no doubt, but nowadays if you can move up a flight of stairs and not have a myocardial infarction you're above average.

As for disproving your claims, here's just one opinion piece (with citations)
    http://www.leangains.com/2011/06/is-...r-for-fat.html

I'm really happy that you've lost the weight and all but there's almost no need for any of the points you made in your poast if one wants to make progress. Oh, and please provide me with credible research that disproves the energy balance equation as it 'is simply untrue'.

11. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

I think he's trollin like a motherfucker. This forum gets trolled more than most.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Nobody has disproven any of the claims in my first post. tic toc tic toc And before you use the whole "well, a calorie is a calorie" argument, that is simply untrue. 50 calories of Vegetables and 50 calories worth of sugar filled donuts are very different.
    This claim has been disproven so many times it's not worth discussing. Nobody is getting fat eating sugar donuts... in a long term caloric deficit. I myself have seen this in my own life, I have lost a good amount of weight while still indulging in the occasional simple sugar treat. This line of logic is BS self-fellation of people who want to feel self righteous about not eating cookies and shit. It's nonsense.

13. landoeffincalrissian

This claim has been disproven so many times it's not worth discussing.

Nobody is getting fat eating sugar donuts... in a long term caloric deficit. I myself have seen this in my own life, I have lost a good amount of weight while still indulging in the occasional simple sugar treat. This line of logic is BS self-fellation of people who want to feel self righteous about not eating cookies and shit. It's nonsense.

A donut here and there isn't going to do much. It'll slow down your results a bit if it's fairly frequent though. However, not all calories are created equal. This has been proven over and over.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

A donut here and there isn't going to do much. It'll slow down your results a bit if it's fairly frequent though. However, not all calories are created equal. This has been proven over and over.
    All calories above a certain threshold are not created equal. The important takeaway from all this is moderation.

15. landoeffincalrissian

All calories above a certain threshold are not created equal. The important takeaway from all this is moderation.

Continuing to eat garbage, even in a calorie deficit, will create the skinny fat look eventually. Unless you're Michael Phelps, in that case, it really doesn't matter what you eat.

16. il ciclista

il ciclista Well-Known Member

geez this is still going on?

17. gort

gort Well-Known Member

landoeffincalrissian is very entertaining. [​IMG]

18. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Continuing to eat garbage, even in a calorie deficit, will create the skinny fat look eventually. Unless you're Michael Phelps, in that case, it really doesn't matter what you eat.

Can we see your sexy, ripped body?

19. landoeffincalrissian

Can we see your sexy, ripped body?

If you think I'm going to take pictures of myself, shirtless no less, and then post them on the internet, I will have to decline.

Don't get me wrong, It's very flattering, but at the same time it's also extremely homosexual of you to ask me.

20. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

Yet you still call people fat or hulk-ass in a matter-of-fact way [​IMG]