1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Let's list things we hate, Clothingwise

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kookydooky, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Baggy knit polos. Seriously, the tucked in polo and jeans look is so tired : ( I may take heat for that, but I'm tired of seeing it, even if it can be done well. I think much better is the look of say, a sunspel polo, or the polo that is designed to be untucked. Otherwise, blech.

2. TheGreek

TheGreek Well-Known Member

I hate it when I see someone wearing dress shoes with jeans, It drives me up a freakin wall.

3. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

I hate it when I see someone wearing dress shoes with jeans, It drives me up a freakin wall.

I'm not sure what you class as dress shoes, but I think most members of this forum have worn what someone might call a "dress" shoe with a pair of jeans. What do you wear with jeans? Nothing but sneakers?

4. washanddry

washanddry Member

I don't want to see a person wearing jeans and somewhat elongated shoes like the ones used in tap dancing or something

5. playdohh22

playdohh22 Well-Known Member

streetwear&denim section

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

the suede shoe thread reminds me...I hate suede dessies

7. Stylish Geezer

Stylish Geezer Member

1.Crocks
    2.Crocks
    3.Crocks

8. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

There are lots of fans of them here, but I really dislike contrasting cuff and collar shirts. They remind me of Lumberg. Only a couple times in my life have I seen them look passable.

9. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

Crocs
    "prestige" denim - R&R, True Religion, 7FAM, that shit
    jeans that are too colorful and have shiny shit all over them
    evisu daicocks
    guido shirts

10. bluemax

bluemax Well-Known Member

1. "Slobwear" -- sweatpants, sweatshirts, etc. worn in public out of pure laziness
    2. Sports team apparel -- If you don't play for or otherwise work for the team who's logo you're wearing, you're a jackass. The worst are the copies of actual players' jerseys.

11. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

One thing that I had not noticed until I moved is... cheap dress shoes with jeans. Ok cool, you can rock your Diors with Santoni or whatever. But ugly, tapered thrifted levis with plastic-y square toes? Ughh, I have never seen anything worse.

12. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

T-shirts with huge logos. Crocs. Damn those crocs!!!

13. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

Amen brotha. All my friends wear horrifying basketball/running shoes constantly and the quickest way to show you have no idea how to wear a suit is to be not showing any cuff (hello to half the people who ever participated in a wedding).

Should (French) cuffs also show with blazers in casual settings?

14. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

Oversized, ill-fitting blazers/suit jackets, and the salesmen who advocate this. My buddy went into a Men's Wearhouse (which was probably his first mistake) to get a jacket and naturally the people in there tell him a jacket looks great when in reality its a size too large.

Salesmen who say they will give you big discount on a blazer that is 4 sizes too big for you. Seriously, this happened to me in LA.

15. Seanallen

Seanallen Well-Known Member

New Era Hats.
    Colorfull Hoodies with patterns.
    Nike Dunks.
    How tight jeans can really get, I almost think people wrap their legs in saranwrap and spray it down with PAM before they get those jeans on.

Basically I just described hypebeastin'.

16. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

It's this whole obsession with youth thing. Everyone wants to be 21 forever, so they dress and act like it. I hate it. Nobody bothers to become more refined in personality, taste in food, culture, or clothing.

I guess that's a bit harsh, they do a bit. Or perhaps I'm just hanging out with the wrong people.

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!

17. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

I took a rare trip to the mall recently, and whilst browsing through Gap, Express, AE, etc. what struck me most of all was how expensive everything was. Thanks to the internetz, I've been able to consistently pay less for articles of clothing whose higher quality is immediately apparent. The only exceptions were when I paid more than mall prices for things of substantially higher quality.

No kidding! I don't even want to THINK about how much money I have wasted over the years buying junk quality from malls. That's before I knew of SF, of course! Now I see that high-quality shirts can be bought for about the same price - or even less - than these overpriced fashion labels. For example, a Finamore shirt (on sale) from ShopTheFinest.com is only about $30 more than one from Banana Republic that looks like crap and is made in China/India/Vietnam and that has no hint of style or elegance whatsoever!

18. Bring The Noise

Bring The Noise Well-Known Member

There are lots of fans of them here, but I really dislike contrasting cuff and collar shirts. They remind me of Lumberg. Only a couple times in my life have I seen them look passable.

How about
    [​IMG]

19. lloydbraun

lloydbraun Well-Known Member

anything that deliberately has a hole in it.

20. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

From my meagre experience:
    - Jorts, Crocs, and pants that flood.
    - tucking shirts into ridiculously high-rise pants. see: mom jeans
    - absurd distressing. Not only is it disingenuous, it shows you have no taste in fashion. Subtle and attractive distressing is one thing, but you've gone overboard when it looks like a tiger scratched your crotch.

Yesterday at school there was an obese girl wearing a fuchsia shirt with jeans that were impossibly distressed down the front and back, like two huge stripes...revealing that the cotton was not an off-white, but, in fact, pink. And of course, her blue-and-pink jeans matched her shirt.