1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by _yoo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Well-Known Member

Started buying my first COS items recently and pleasantly surprised by this season. Seems to be a bit of a Lemaire influence?

Picked up some relaxed pleated trousers for summer and a couple of nice muted color t-shirts. Also saw some collarless shirts (look similar to the UniqloxLemaire ones) and a long boucle cardigan that looked appealing.

We'll see about the quality in the long run. Still feel the prices could be a tad cheaper for what it is but maybe I'm off base on that.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

No, you are not off.

3. Arnold Grape

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Has anyone tried this jacket on and can you comment on fit - appears (and says) it is oversized but not sure how much ,,

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

Went into the store today and tried on the clean neck jersey jacket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neat jacket, fit well, but I do wish it came in navy or gray.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  5. Arnold Grape

Not sure if anyone cares, but to parody what someone else on this thread has reported, at least the outerwear - and this piece specifically - seem to be running somewhat oversized. (This Jacket With Large Pockets has an item description that says it's a relaxed fit.) Interesting anecdote regarding this piece is that it arrived with different buttons than the ones featured in the product shot. When I called the dubious COS CS person, I asked if I was possibly sent an old season item. When I recieved a reply via email, I was told that the item underwent post-production alterations so that this detail was changed when the item actually went into production. To make amends I was offered a 5% discount on my next COS purchase and was offered free return shipping in the event that I did not want the item.

6. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with sizing on COS coats that are 36R, 38R, or 40R. That translates to S/M, M/L, and L/XL normally, right. How is the sizing for COS?

7. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

how is the quality of cos trousers and knitwear vs uniqlo? same same?

8. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

Nicer in general, I've found

9. Mrlol

Mrlol Well-Known Member

oh rly, sounds great! I got a cos store in town but no uniqlo. So will be checking it out, from the pictures on the website the trousers look awesome!

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Is there a finite answer for this question?
    Do COS pants fit small?
    Looking for some
    Cheap chinos and trousers to do some DIY alterations to and COS on sale seems like a good shot, but most things that are cheap are only left in 1 size bigger than I normally take in most other labels.
    Thanks

11. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

I take either a 30 or 32 (46 or 48, if talking about COS), and the smaller size has never worked for me for COS (I'm a TTS 32, but obvs mileage varies with diff. brands).

So, to answer your question, I wouldn't be surprised if going up a size works for you. Sizing down, or rather going for the smaller of two options, has never worked for me for the brand.

Hope that helps!

1 person likes this.
  12. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Well-Known Member

I have the opposite experience.. COS pants usually fit big, even my usual size 46, which are often too big in the waist.

1 person likes this.
  13. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Can anyone get the website to work in the U.S.?

Tried on Chrome and iPhone and it does not work. Cannot add anything to cart, every thing is shown in pounds. This has been going on for weeks.

I remember a month ago when they had the sale I was able to look through pages and add things to cart. Something changed?

14. OccultaVexillum

Worked for me.
    I ordered these

Cotton twill drawstring pants
    [​IMG]

Wool drawstring pants (going to take out the ankle elastic and raw hem them)

[​IMG]

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

No luck :censored:

I kind of wanted a ball cap with the shorter brim

oh well

16. OccultaVexillum

Returned both of these with the swiftness. Even for ~$35 each they weren't worth it, quality was shit.