1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Length of suit pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by runner-guy, Mar 14, 2009.

1. runner-guy

runner-guy Well-Known Member

I just got a Calvin Klein suit adjusted by the tailor. Just want to get some opinions on the proper length of pants. My pants come down about halfway between the top of my shoe and the sole. Is this too short or about right?

2. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I'm picturing a full break, but obviously could be wrong. Post pics. By the way, I prefer a slight break.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

I prefer a full break and hem right above the top of the heel in back.

I like a little leeway because I can pull up the pant at different levels at my waist depending on my mood, how I want to wear dress, and what I ate.

4. JFKJean

JFKJean Well-Known Member

I just got a Calvin Klein suit adjusted by the tailor. Just want to get some opinions on the proper length of pants. My pants come down about halfway between the top of my shoe and the sole. Is this too short or about right?

does sound like a slight break, which is totally fine, sometimes they make the front of the trousers just slightly higher b/c of where it will rest on the shoe. I personally like no break, makes for a full showcase of my shoes and sometimes my socks

5. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

I used to dislike the no-break look on nice slacks but now I like the look a lot. It needs to be done right though. It's crucial that the slacks and jacket both are are the slim-fitting side (and properly fitted, period) for the look too come off.

6. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Pictures needed to judge I am afraid

7. JFKJean

JFKJean Well-Known Member

I used to dislike the no-break look on nice slacks but now I like the look a lot. It needs to be done right though. It's crucial that the slacks and jacket both are are the slim-fitting side (and properly fitted, period) for the look too come off.

Absolutely. I'm noticing lately that guys are sporting higher length trousers but it's not tapered to accommodate the length....and 99% of them are wearing them with squared off shoes [​IMG]