1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leisure Management

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Ambulance Chaser, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

During last night's broadcast of the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship, I noticed that one of the Florida players was majoring in "Leisure Management." Can any Florida student/grad (or anyone else) explain what this major entails? As an aspiring man of leisure, I believe this major could be useful in the real world, unlike many liberal arts degrees.

2. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

Haha...I imagine it has something to do with hospitality and tourism.

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

maybe they're the people who run, like, sun city and stuff.

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Whilst a college student, I actually taught a lab class on reprographics (maybe I should post in the "our kids will never know" thread) that was a required course for Recreation Management majors. Of the 22 students in my class, 19 were scholarship athletes. The "objectives" listed for the major indicated career paths such as summer camp director. I always wondered how many of the students ever really graduated, and if so, what they have ended up doing.

5. CTGuy

CTGuy Well-Known Member

maybe they're the people who run, like, sun city and stuff.

I am pretty sure this was Van Wilder's major in the movie bearing the same name.