1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leggings with Shorts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ppllzz, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

I actually wore Adidas tights and shorts to the gym today. If you like doing deadlifts but don't like scratching up your shins, it's a winning combination.

I've seen quite a few guys wear this look fashionably - at least in the StyleZeitgeist vein. It's best if you're thin and have a lot of 'tude. But life's short - why not try it. Get a pair of sport tights rather than girl's leggings. Plenty of guys wear those, and they're probably cut more for your body. There's all kinds of insane articulated ones for runners and such.

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

3. continuum

continuum New Member

get some gareth pugh or undercover leggings? both look great

4. Goulash

Goulash Member

Not really my style, but if you can pull them off then good on you.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

6. Surfrider

Surfrider Well-Known Member

So do these man-tights have a pouch or some allowance up front, or is that not necessary?
    I suspect that any man contemplating wearing tights wouldn't need to worry about such an issue. [​IMG]

There's nothing wrong with guys wearing leggings, historically this has happened a fair amount, without anyone questioning said male's sexual preference (which personally I think is immature and pathetic)....Really, being a fashion forum filled with people that have some understanding of the fashion world, I was not expecting the amount of ignorant "omg leggings how gay" comments I see in this thread. Grow up.
    Historically, you're right; no problem. But presently? Leggings are teh ghey.

And pretending you aren't able to distinguish the huge difference between "Dude, that's looks gay," and "Dude, your appearance suggests you are homosexual" is pretty disingenuous; you know exactly what such a comment means. "Ignorant?" "Grow up?" Oh, come on. [​IMG]

7. MLIW

MLIW Well-Known Member

I cant see it widely catching on but non skin tight look pretty good!

8. Surfrider

I cant see it widely catching on but non skin tight look pretty good!

I think they call 'em "pants." [​IMG]

9. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Well-Known Member

I suspect that any man contemplating wearing tights wouldn't need to worry about such an issue. [​IMG]

Historically, you're right; no problem. But presently? Leggings are teh ghey.

And pretending you aren't able to distinguish the huge difference between "Dude, that's looks gay," and "Dude, your appearance suggests you are homosexual" is pretty disingenuous; you know exactly what such a comment means. "Ignorant?" "Grow up?" Oh, come on. [​IMG]

It's so obvious that people on styleforum dress solely for other people and not for themselves. Which is why you suck.

10. Surfrider

It's so obvious that people on styleforum dress solely for other people and not for themselves. Which is why you suck.
    Your logic, sir, is apodictic. Touche.

11. WEFRMLIKEVOLTRN

WEFRMLIKEVOLTRN Member

bumping this thread cause im interested in this look.

12. baconzilla

baconzilla Well-Known Member

been doing this look since last year and no complaints.

13. WEFRMLIKEVOLTRN

WEFRMLIKEVOLTRN Member

cool.
    I need to cop some underarmour ones for the winter. I want to rock this look in the upcoming f/w season.

14. haggard40

haggard40 New Member

There you go - under armor coldgear leggings with a sweatshirt/short combo and high sneakers with socks over leggings. Why can't guys do this.

1 person likes this.
  15. WEFRMLIKEVOLTRN

WEFRMLIKEVOLTRN Member

word! thats what exactly I was thinking, except im gonna wear it with a parka over the sweatshirt and some white hightop AF1's

16. haggard40

haggard40 New Member

Great idea for cool weather knockaround wear. Nothing wrong with that at all.