• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Nothing will happen to that cop. Keep your dogs secured.

lefty

Apparently something will.. or so word on the street is.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? I've seen worse and the LEOs walked away. Ill intent or not, the dog was charging.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Victoria Day, Canadians.

dp178.jpg

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who says children and protection dogs don't mix? Seven year old girl at a Schutzhund trial:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. -------- Latest Humane Watch ad:
2010-05-17_HW_NYT+WSJ.jpg
And their challenge to the HSUS: The HumaneWatch 50 Percent Pledge (UPDATED May 24, 2010) HumaneWatch is an effort to keep a watchful eye on the Humane Society of the United States. (Somebody has to.) What's this all about? Let me explain: HumaneWatch has been watch-dogging the Humane Society of the United States for about 13 weeks now. Here's just a little bit of what we've learned: * HSUS shares less than half of one percent of its budget with real "humane societies" and other hands-on pet shelters. * Seventy-one percent of Americans believe HSUS is an umbrella group in charge of thousands of pet shelters, but that's completely untrue. * HSUS consistently violates its own Articles of Incorporation by using its donors' money to lobby legislators and run a private school. (Its own founding documents forbid both activities.) * The respected nonprofit charity rating service Charity Navigator has officially downgraded HSUS to a level lower than the crazies at PETA. And the charity watchdog American Institute of Philanthropy gives HSUS a "C-minus" overall rating. * If you're in California and a telemarketer calls on behalf of HSUS, more than 88 percent of your donation will line the pockets of that professional dialing-for-dollars company. * An Atlanta investigative news crew has reported that HSUS may have re-routed millions of "Hurricane Katrina" dollars into programs that its donors didn't know they were supporting. Put this all together, and it's a story of fiscal mismanagement, financial misdirection, and duping the public. But I believe everyone is redeemable, including HSUS. So here's the Pledge in a nutshell: As soon as HSUS CEO Wayne Pacelle commits to doing the right thing, I'm outta here. You read that right. Hear me now, and believe me later, as Hans und Franz used to say. If the CEO of the Humane Society of the United States will make a commitment to start sending just 50 percent of HSUS's income to hands-on U.S. pet shelters, HumaneWatch will disappear for good. We'll pull the plug. Yank the life-line. Cease and desist. Become an ex-blog. That's the challenge. That's my pledge. And it's non-negotiable. HumaneWatch and its high-profile advertising are clearly getting under Pacelle's skin. On May 17 we were in The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. On May 18 it was Variety, the unofficial bible of Hollywood. And on May 19 there was a full-page HumaneWatch ad in HSUS's hometown paper, The Washington Post. All the ads carry the same message: The Humane Society of the United States gives less than 1 percent of Americans' donations to underfunded pet shelters. Less than one percent. Egad. That has to be embarrassing. If I have to put myself out of a job to turn it around, so be it. America's pet shelters will reap countless millions of dollars, and our minor ad expenditures will seem like the smartest investment since Microsoft was $1 a share. Go ahead, Wayne. Make me obsolete. I dare you. Commit to being a real humane society, just half of the time. I'll fold up my laptop and bid HumaneWatch adieu. ---------------------------------- lefty

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what exactly is the humane society spending money on?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fund raising.
Breaking down people's doors and stealing their animals.
Fund raising.

The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is a radical animal rights group that inaccurately portrays itself as a mainstream animal care organization. The words "humane society" may appear on its letterhead, but HSUS is not affiliated with your local animal shelter. Despite the omnipresent dogs and cats in its fundraising materials and television commercials, it's not an organization that runs spay/neuter programs or takes in stray, neglected, and abused pets. And quite unlike the common image of animal protection agencies as cash-strapped organizations dedicated to animal welfare, HSUS has become the wealthiest animal rights organization on earth.

HSUS is big, rich, and powerful. While most local animal shelters are under-funded and unsung, HSUS has accumulated $162 million in assets and built a recognizable brand by capitalizing on the confusion its very name provokes. This misdirection results in an irony of which most animal lovers are unaware: HSUS raises enough money to finance animal shelters in every single state, with money to spare, yet it doesn't operate a single one anywhere.

Instead, HSUS spends millions on programs that seek to economically cripple meat and dairy producers; eliminate the use of animals in biomedical research labs; phase out pet breeding, zoos, and circus animal acts; and demonize hunters as crazed lunatics. HSUS spends more than $5 million each year on travel expenses alone, just keeping its multi-national agenda going.

---------------

lefty

noel_esq.

Reaction score
My Siberian Husky on the cover of a pet photography flyer [
103835752.jpg

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I had no clue. Had no intention of giving the HSUS money, but good to know nontheless...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Well done. We really need more babes with dogs pics.

735_-2.jpg
3322157736_3fe6613184.jpg

dog3.jpg

women-and-dogs11.jpg

And one happy kitten:

a-lucky-cats-dogs-animals-bra-1.jpg

lefty

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a young English Mastiff that I've run into on two occasions while out walking the dog. It's strange to see a pup that's quite clearly smaller than your 55 lb dog, then 3-4 weeks later see her again and she's noticeably larger than your dog.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Take comfort in the fact that your ***** will in all probability be around to pee on that English Mastiff's grave!

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not, if a year from now the Mastiff remembers Ripley tackling/jumping on top of her and decides to retaliate!
laugh.gif

They played well together. Looking forward to seeing her full grown.

Mark it 8

Reaction score
I have an English mastiff and she is the most laid back dog I've ever known. She used to play with kittens- well, they used to hang off her face with their claws and she carried them around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads