• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quack, quack, Woof!

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
am i allowed to ask questions here? regarding dog toy

does anyone have a good source and experience with dog toys for a 3 year old maltipoo? i have been considering the kong toys for a long time (the black one) b/c the boy loves to chew (strong and chews for hours). but some reviews are a little off-putting like the toy has a foul smell to it.

any other recommendations? would like to place a order ASAP and my price is about $25-70. i have visited stores but nothing is that great and are also at times overpriced i.e. petco/petsmart

miketoc

Reaction score
Mars says hi.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

am i allowed to ask questions here? regarding dog toy

does anyone have a good source and experience with dog toys for a 3 year old maltipoo? i have been considering the kong toys for a long time (the black one) b/c the boy loves to chew (strong and chews for hours). but some reviews are a little off-putting like the toy has a foul smell to it.

any other recommendations? would like to place a order ASAP and my price is about $25-70. i have visited stores but nothing is that great and are also at times overpriced i.e. petco/petsmart

get a kong. if it smells too much just give it a few days or get rid of it, they don't cost that much. I give my dog bones for the most part, they last for days or weeks and clean her teeth as well. Pigs ears are good too. Just don't use those shank bones cut into rounds, they're hard as hell and can chip the teeth. I like neck bones for what it's worth.

Last edited:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the pic. Details? Did the dogs participate in hunting?

They did, this was a guided hunt back east, the guides are in the picture and those are their dogs. Pic was taken form a Airedale board, posted by owner.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

get a kong. if it smells too much just give it a few days or get rid of it, they don't cost that much. I give my dog bones for the most part, they last for days or weeks and clean her teeth as well. Pigs ears are good too. Just don't use those shank bones cut into rounds, they're hard as hell and can chip the teeth. I like neck bones for what it's worth.

I've never noticed a strong odor from kongs (and I've had a bunch).

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^thanks, i read the black kong has a strong smell. but will go ahead with it. thank you,

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If you really want something that will last a long time and aren't worried about stuffing treats inside, get the solid red kong ball. Comes in 2.5 and 3" diameter.

fffffut

Reaction score
46899154.jpg

my english foxhound/shepherd mix, caius
got him from the pound and hes just a big baby
i always thought he had a really nice looking coat too despite him being a mutt

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

46899154.jpg

my english foxhound/shepherd mix, caius
got him from the pound and hes just a big baby
i always thought he had a really nice looking coat too despite him being a mutt

Great looking hound.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ just ordered the black kong ball and goodie bone small/medium respectively for $18 2-day shipping. still feel like i overpaid but i am in a hurry to buy.

i do not stuff anything in toys. i just let him go at it and he enjoys himself quite a bit. thanks again for the rec. ^^^^

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Good to know...last time I bought, they didn't make the ball in black. If your dog manages to destroy that thing, I'll be mighty impressed. In my experience, the balls significantly outlast the standard kongs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads