1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eltopo, Feb 14, 2010.

1. emalkin23

emalkin23 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have any experience with the Choctaw Ridge line? It's a little pricey just for a trial run so I was hoping for any hands on experience.

2. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Yeah the waists are a bit tight for this current season. Mine are still a bit tight but that just means I need to loose a bit more weight.

3. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

I love the color of those pants. Too bad they don't have my size. I'm a 29 waist. Are they baggy. Their measurements seem to imply they are.

4. stevent

The cut is tight upper area, fuller thigh than normal and then a slim straight leg. It's cut a little baggier like J. Crew classic slim fit (a little slimmer). The color is one of the main reasons I got them. You could ask Christian at leftfieldnyc (at) gmail dot com if he shipped 29s anywhere you could buy them.

5. stevent

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Need a gift for yourself? I've got a pair of BNWT Cone Indigo Selvedge chinos, size 32, that aren't gonna work for me. Yours for $160/shipped (gift or +4%).

PM me. I'll post in B&S on Monday.

7. stevent

Anybody going to buy something from the website soon? PM me

8. drewheifetz

drewheifetz Member

anyone have an opinion regarding whether I'm SOL on Left Field chinos? I'm 6'5", so pants are always kind of a dicey purchase for me.

9. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Must find some caramel chinos, they are beautiful. SOMEONE must be selling a pair of 34s somewhere...

10. June

June Well-Known Member

I've been eyeing a pair of Left Field denim from Context and was wondering if anyone could help identify this model:

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2181

Is it the Nisshinbo Mills model? Natural slub? Something that is out of season? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  11. furo

furo Well-Known Member

How would you guys rank the Japanese denim from LF to say, Kicking Mule Workshop's? And quality-wise... compared to, perhaps Raleigh Denim and KMW?

Reason is, I have a pair of KMWs that are a bit too tight to wear, so might pick up a pair of the LF raw indigo denim (non slub).

12. lawlercon

lawlercon Well-Known Member

Left Field denim is great. All American components is awesome construction. I have never worn KMW but I would say it would be on par.

13. stevent

How much did they stretch waist wise? Got a pair coming in as I had some credit and they fit everywhere except the waist looks good for me right now.

14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Don't have time in a pair to comment on fit behavior but construction is top notch & materials are awesome. they use different fabrics, though, so be sure you explore which denim you are interested in.

15. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Well-Known Member

While I have not had any experience with their denim, their chino quality seems to be lacking. Recently picked up a pair of chinos from context, tried them on once then washed them once in the washer, and two buttons fell off :/

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  16. lawlercon

lawlercon Well-Known Member

Hey bud,

There was a production issue with batch a of chinos where the buttons weren't properly secured. E-mail Christian at Left Field and he will take care of you. He actually hand sewed the buttons on the ones for his web shop because he didn't want them falling off on people, but some stock lists may of got chinos with loss button stitching (or someone tried on a pair that was too small...)

leftfieldnyc@gmail.com

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  17. trig

trig Well-Known Member

in somewhat related news, i've got a pair of olive 34s fs if anyone's interested.

18. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

Just received my Cone White Oak Greaser denim, I was wondering if they were unsanforized or not? I ended up purchasing a size 34 due to the actual waist measurements being 33.4" and I have a waist measurement of 34" so I was taking into consideration the 0.5-1.5" of stretch, however they actually a bit looser than I'd imagine. Shot an email to them already but hoping for a quicker response

Edit: Yup, they're sanforized

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  19. stevent

Context has a full size run of the Japanese one on sale:
    http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2181

My cone oak ones stretched out well in the waist (ordered a 33, I'm a 34 waist) and the fit is really good for me now. Like the tighter top block but still having room for thighs

20. stevent

[​IMG]
    Left Field Olive Twill

1 person likes this.