1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leaving Miami office to work from home in NYC?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by WoodyStylee, Aug 7, 2010.

1. gnakekim

gnakekim New Member

i love lamp, im just typing so i can buy something. minimum required 2 posts

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    i love lamp, im just typing so i can buy something. minimum required 2 posts

Ban him.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Key word, getting BACK to BK. When your drunk and tired at 4am on a Saturday night, and the L-train only makes limited stops every 30-45mins...your getting in a fucking cab.
    Where in the Billy did you live And rents in certain parts of BK are approaching those of rents in decent nabes in Manhattan. Made the decision crazy easy when me and my girl were ready to leave Crown Heights

4. WoodyStylee

WoodyStylee Well-Known Member

Where in the Billy did you live

Driggs & Manhattan, right on McCarren park. I agree, now that W'burg is the cool place to be, the rents arent much cheaper than the city, unless you head east to the ghetto.

5. Cool The Kid

Driggs & Manhattan, right on McCarren park. I agree, now that W'burg is the cool place to be, the rents arent much cheaper than the city, unless you head east to the ghetto.
    So many places are like that. And the crazier part is, people are leaving Manhattan to go to these places. It's funny

6. soxpats

soxpats Well-Known Member

What does $2500.00 a month get you in a decent neighborhood in NYC?

7. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I looked but... an acceptable studio or 1BR, not so hot 2BR, sh#tty 3BR.

8. WoodyStylee

WoodyStylee Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. I've been looking at apt's downtown with a $2k/month budget, and finding decent studios, and ehh 1br's. Your dollar stretches a lot further uptown though.

9. Cool The Kid

I'm uptown... nightlife wise it sucks, but that's also a blesisng

10. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

What does $2500.00 a month get you in a decent neighborhood in NYC?

what does decent neighborhood mean? if you don't mind boring neighborhood (mid town east, upper east side), then 2500 can get you decent 1 bedroom. Sometimes it's luck, I have friend getting a very good studio for under 2K like 3 blocks from columbus circle.

11. rohde88

rohde88 Well-Known Member

Thats what i thought before i lived here. Sure there are cool things to do, and the weather is nice. But the people suck (the words pretentious, trashy, and golddigger, come to mind). Theres no culture or substance, just party party party. Gets old real quick.

Hey now! I feel insulted.

You should live in the Grove, its the only place I've lived in Miami where people actually wave to you when I run by.

12. redzapper

redzapper Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. I've been looking at apt's downtown with a $2k/month budget, and finding decent studios, and ehh 1br's. Your dollar stretches a lot further uptown though.

I recommend living downtown. Been in Greenwich Village for many years now and love it.

13. gulfstreamliberal

gulfstreamliberal New Member

Miami is a terrible city.

The only people I've heard express a desire to move there are poors from Latin America. Do people work in that hellhole? Miami is tacky, poor, dangerous and nasty.

Never again. I'm never leaving Manhattan. Ever.

14. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

I'm never leaving Manhattan.
    That's what I used to say. Then the downstairs neighbor decided he wants a duplex (two-story apartment for those not familiar with NYC). The first offer on my apartment came in at 1.25 x appraised value ... and I said no. But when the offer hit 3 x the appraised value ... I said to hell with New York ... he can have it.

15. rohde88

rohde88 Well-Known Member

That's what I used to say. Then the downstairs neighbor decided he wants a duplex (two-story apartment for those not familiar with NYC). The first offer on my apartment came in at 1.25 x appraised value ... and I said no. But when the offer hit 3 x the appraised value ... I said to hell with New York ... he can have it.

Ah, you made the right decision in 2007!