1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

leather shoes that appeal to the streetwear crowd?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by seok, Apr 9, 2006.

1. seok

seok Well-Known Member

i've been a lurker in this section but was curious what you thought of this pair to go with jeans and khakis:

[​IMG]

i also wondered what kinds of leather shoes would appeal to members in this part of the forum. it seems like with the free use of custom details and less restrained self-expression in casual fashion, there would be some demand, but i'm not quite sure what kind of samples would strike your fancy.

thanks for your feedback.

2. Max

Max Well-Known Member

=>I'd hit it.

3. profjmb

profjmb Member

Boots. Especially chelsea and chukka boots.

4. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

That's a seriously thin sole. I'd be worried it would wear out quite quickly. Also, the toe's a little square for my taste. But otherwise, nice, and I'd certainly wear them.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

I like nicer brown leather shoes (mostly brogues) with jeans (I dont wear khakis). Chukkas and chelseas are the 'cant go wrong' route for leather shoes. The ones you posted I'm not feeling...the sole seems too thin and would look a bit 'dainty' paired with jeans imo. and the toe shape is odd at best.

6. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Get Smart - a little dainty for jeans or khakis.

My first thought was they look like those Capezio jazz shoes from the 80's.

I would look for something with a little more heft to them.

7. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

That is a nice close welt but overall somewhat of a mish-mash of a shoe. Agree that boots (suede or calf) and brogues look great with jeans. I would and do wear semi brogues and wholecuts with certain jeans, too, but the outfits probably wouldn't be considered "streetwear".

8. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

I second what Get Smart wrote, in all respects but especially about the thin sole and the squareness of the toe-box. If you're going to wear something that thin with jeans or cords (I don't wear khakis, either) then I think the only thing that works is a bit loafer.

Broguing is also a good point, though I tend to wear less of it in general than maybe a lot of people on this forum. For example, right now with my jeans I'm wearing Ludwig Reiter Theresianers, which are unbrogued chisel-toe cap toes.