1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

Man, I like viridi-anne jacket a lot but I don't wear leather jackets enough. I wear 5 zip like twice a week max.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. silkskies

silkskies Member

I've been trying to find a leather jacket since the ToJ days, and almost pulled the trigger on one but thankfully didn't. Now I've found a couple I'm thinking about but can't really decide. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or advice on these two jackets or recommendations for anything similar. One is schotts x urban outfitters, and the other allsaints cargo leather jacket. I've never bought anything from allsaints but I read different things. Some say its not good quality, others say their leather jackets are their only quality thing. I'm going to have to order them both to try on because no where nears me sells them, and I'm really unsure about sizing.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=32676280

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/leather-jackets/allsaints-cargo-biker/?colour=140&category=9

3. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

the UO looks quite long in the torso. i notice they don't show it zipped up on that model, imo if you have a bunch of lower rise pants it could work out for you. i do like the wash.

fyi - the washed riders that i've always really liked are the OLDER Levi's Vintage Clothing leathers, the ones made in the UK by Aero. those are probably a little boxier tho.

4. silkskies

silkskies Member

I just noticied the model in both is 6'1 and wearing a medium. I'm 5'7 so I think they both might be too long on me?

5. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I'd definitely go with the Schott x UO jacket over the All Saints jacket. The quilting and superfluous panels look over the top to me, and it's not going to go with as many outfits as the Schott. UO has free two-way shipping, right? You could just order one, see if the length works, and return it if it's not what you're looking for.

Also, you mentioned TOJ. Any reason not to go with something from Falcon? You can go MTM if you need to adjust the length.

6. WhyKay

WhyKay Active Member

The Schott x UO has the same measurements as a 626 which is a fairly common model for Schott retailers (in case you want to get an idea of fit).

7. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Well-Known Member

I have one of those UO Schotts. Fits TTS, I'd say size down if you're on the fence between sizes. I'm 6'0 and a M fits pretty good. 10% off if you sign up for their mailing list (I think).

Not a fan of that All Saints one.

8. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Well-Known Member

This suede number looks pretty cool though

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. silkskies

silkskies Member

I'm leaning more towards the Schott. I emailed Schotts and they said I should go with a small but UO seems to be sold out of small. Hopefully they will restock it though.

I took a look at the Falcon Garments website while they look really nice, something about how they look feels kind of off on what I want, but Im not sure exactly what. Is there anywhere else with more pictures or customer pics? I'd like to keep it around $700-800 max unless I find something I really love.

10. YourMadeInItaly

YourMadeInItaly Active Member

Would you spend so much for a leather jacket?
    Or know someone who would?
    It's a 100% crocodile leather jacket by Philipp Plein, sold at $ 95.000

[​IMG]

11. Not Ready

Not Ready Well-Known Member

I wouldn't spend 95$ on Philipp Plein.

12. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

I wanted to post here but wasn't sure... here it goes.

I'm new to leather jackets and recently I bought 3 of them. So I spoiler the images cause to me they are the best I own. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. Joykillers

Joykillers Well-Known Member

who else is going for the supreme schott tomorrow. Im a sucker for A-2s and tan leather jackets

[​IMG]

14. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

the color is cool, but handwarmer pockets royally fuck up jackets. the absolute worst of the 80s - ruined truckers and a-2s.

btw - does barbara kruger get paid every time Supreme sells a camp cap?

15. silkskies

silkskies Member

16. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Well-Known Member

I bought one, and can confirm that they are very nice, and at a very good deal if still available.

17. Joykillers

Joykillers Well-Known Member

I don't know, I find a2 style pockets practically unusable without the side slash pockets

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Pretty tempted, but not sure how well it works with the rest of my stuff. :confused:

19. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

It doesn't

20. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

Alright, have a question: my friend is looking for a leather jacket (he's never owned one before). After sending him a few pictures he's into the look of a Collared Moto (like the one from TOJ/FG), or a CWU-45 (although preferably without the arm-pocket). Also...his budget is $400, but he's willing to go used. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of options for him. Obviously if I can find a used TOJ one in his size that would work (he's 6'3", generally wears a big medium to a large), but I haven't had any luck thus far. Can anyone think of any options that would work for him?