1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wear it but I think the Emporio is kind of cool.

Then again, I own a CKC megaman jacket.

Then again, so does Synth :stirpot:

2. Ragechester

Ragechester Well-Known Member

Armani isn't even that frowned upon here is it? Not a brand I own or seek out but the extremely advanced thread has some stuff, in pastels no less, it looked cool...

1 person likes this.
  3. nyarkies

nyarkies Well-Known Member

I think the sleeves are too busy. Remove the slinky-like design on the elbows and it is pretty decent. I have to echo on that SLP thing. If it was SLP (especially Hedi era), i think no matter how garish the design is, a few people here will like it.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I need to either wear mine or get rid of it...pretty sure I have nothing to wear with it anymore

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

No one cares about Armani. People care about SLP and either love it or hate it, in general, so you'll see more polarizing opinions. Anyway, it's a dated jacket, and you probably found it hugely on sale, which to me is a warning sign.

That said, Yoox can carry some staples at good prices, as evidenced by that nice MMM piece earlier.

6. tgaith77

tgaith77 Well-Known Member

Umm, what?

T-shirt
    APCs
    Boots
    Synthhair

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  7. Dieg0

Dieg0 Well-Known Member

I need your help, where could I find a jacket as the Schott 689H or the 641HH (but with shirt collar) in brown horsehide?

8. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

Aero or Vanson

9. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

10. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my new jacket, I picked up yesterday :) is cowhide in concrete grey tone, pardon the Final Fantasy thing on the back

7 people like this.
  11. Dieg0

Dieg0 Well-Known Member

Thank you didn't know the latter. Can you try the jackets of Aero in a store? I've got the impression they only make MTO/MTM jackets.

I saw that one of IH first, but they are rather expensive and for the wider guy (just as those of Gustin).

12. nyarkies

The overall design does look costume-y. Fit-wise it is harder to tell since you are hunching over. Might take time for it break in and look better on your body. I like it that you design your jackets and get them made as you want them, bespoke basically. How is the variety of leather available for you to choose from?

13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  14. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Posted this in Random Fashion Thoughts, but this new brand Nine Lives looks pretty good.

Yak leather cafe racer with sashiko side bodies and an asymmetrical zip. Leather looks like a heavy horsehide, but it's actually quite soft and supple.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The company also has this grandma-looking shearling with a trucker body. Has a kind of coked-out LA vibe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    4 people like this.
  15. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

yeah, I tried to capture some light above me, the shoulder slope need to mold better with wear.. or perhaps water 1.6-1.8mm thick and with the back pocket thing, generally the shoulder and back part have 2-4 layers stacking... will take a while to tame it. they don't have catalogue for leather choices, I wanted something grey with some brown/green tinge in it, and several days later they showed me several scrap sample pieces from their supplier, and eventually I ended up with this after my first choice wasn't available in the quantity needed, from the sample this would develop some brown from sun exposure, but its new state is just cement grey a bit marbling and have a dark grey/ black suede, very water absorbent (turn very dark when wet), easy to scuff, my uneducated guess perhaps it is a "crazy horse" cowhide (I can be wrong)
    [​IMG]
    picture I took with outer shell worn inside out

16. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Well-Known Member

Anyone?

Do you think this medium heat iron over a soft towel trick will fix those hanger bumps?

http://www.leatherrepaircompany.com...r-way-get-rid-will-eventually-disappear-wear/

17. nyarkies

Go to a tailor that has experience in leather alterations. As for the bumps, don't iron leather ever. You will risk damaging it permanently. What kind of leather is it? If it is lamb and quite soft, it may eventually disappear by just continously wearing the jacket. Or if you are in a hurry, wear the jacket and wet those areas using cold water and mold it to the contour of your body. Might take a few attempts and it will make that area stiff and dried out. Just apply leather conditioner on those areas to relieve the dryness. Also, you'll risk dye running to the lining and through whatever shirt you are wearing while doing this.

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

19. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

20. youwhat

youwhat Well-Known Member

just picking the right hanger really
    but yeah hate it when people dont / or arent aware that it makes a difference