1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Callusing

Callusing Well-Known Member

Thoughts on the KKA after 4 months? Somebody's got that jacket in cow over on Gr@iled, and I've come pretty close to buying it a couple times. I love the way it looks here.

2. rexet

rexet Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I would like to by this leather bike jacket but I am torn between the XS and S.

The XS feels quite snug (in a good way) on the shoulders and I can barely close it. I really need to contract my belly very hard to be able to zip it.
    I love the slim look when the XS jacket is open. I have the feeling that this size could only be worn unzip with a tee of a shirt.

XS :

[​IMG]

On the other hand the S feels perfect on the shoulder and I can close it more easily even if it sill fits a bit tight.
    It has a slightly more "loosy" look when opened compared to the XS but still a pretty modern fit. The good thing is this size could also be worn with a light knitwear also.

S :

[​IMG]

Sorry for the two different photos, I forgot to shoot the S closed.

I am always concerned about the stretching potential of the leather. The S seems perfect but I am just afraid it will be too loose in few years. On the other hand with the XS I am concerned that it will never stretch enough to be able to zip it easily one day.

What size would you take? Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Definitely the second,

2 people like this.
  4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Agreed with LAGuy. I understand your pain, being an SLP fan, too. You want to rock the SL1 in the tightest way possible, but Small is still small and fits you very well. Plus, the XS would be a bother if you ever eat a big meal; I'm not joking. Being tight on the stomach might not be the most flattering look. ;) You have good proportions for that jacket btw.

1 person likes this.
  5. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Any chance there will be a collared version as well? I mean of the jacket, not the kid.

6. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

Would also love a collared version

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

+1 to size Small. Plus you'll probably get more years out of it if your body shape changes at all. That larger size isn't exactly 'big' on you, it's still pretty darn fitted.

1 person likes this.
  8. SirGrotius

This is sage advice, especially if you're late teens or early twenties.

9. youwhat

youwhat Well-Known Member

yes, wear a slightly too big leather jacket in your prime...

so that it'll fit better when you get older.

10. SirGrotius

Ha, you can't recommend that XS over the S for him, can you?

11. youwhat

youwhat Well-Known Member

looks like pretty much the same jacket to me, just zipped up in one pic and unzipped in the other.

so i'd get the smaller.

presume he wants as tight a fit as possible.

12. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Well-Known Member

Having to suck in your gut to zip up your leather jacket is insane, do not get the XS.

13. rexet

rexet Well-Known Member

Thank you guys.
    I know my pictures do not help a lot since one is zipped and the other is not.
    I think you all convinced me to stay on the S. The fit is still fitted and I am way more confortable. Moreover it makes the jacket more flexible since I can wear it zipped or with a thin knitwear.

Thank you again for all your advices :)

1 person likes this.
  14. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

I bought a horsehide 5 zip a while back. There are some white spots on the elbow I couldn't wipe them off. No idea what they are. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  15. acl1

acl1 Well-Known Member

Those are oils rising to the surface of the leather. No need to worry, but left untreated I've seen this lead to mold. You can get reduce the white spots by treating the leather with some leather conditioner and thoroughly massaging/rubbing through these areas.

16. TheObserver

Which leather conditioner do you recommend? I have some Allen Edmonds leather conditioner that I use for my shoes. Is that ok?

17. acl1

acl1 Well-Known Member

YMMV, I've been partial to lexol products and I've never personally had any problems with them for leather clothing for the past 7-8 years I've been using it. I'm not as familiar with that specific allen edmonds product, but a brief googling makes me think it would work well. If in doubt, test out a small spot and rub it in. Also, a good rule of thumb is to use less rather than more when it comes to conditioning and/or cleaning; you can always condition more later if the leather is still too dry.

2 people like this.
  18. ermagerdben

ermagerdben Member

It's pretty sick. The cut is super slim (high armholes, tight arms, slim & slightly longer body), and the leather is awesome (nice and thick). It comes out of the bag pretty flexible, unlike the calf 5zip which is quite stiff out of the gate.

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

2 people like this.
  20. TheObserver

[​IMG]
    This DBF bomber is nice. Some minor twist (pockets, leather cuffs and waistband ) makes it look less dadcore than typical A2 jackets.